plz help as fps of all the games are very low

tarun

Distinguished
May 11, 2005
hi, as my system spec's are not too good plz guid me at wat highest level I can play F.E.A.R, doom 3 etc. here are my spec�s:-
msi 915g combo Intel chipset motherboard,
asus 7800gt graphic card,
1 gb corsair value select ram,
Creative x-fi extreme music sound card,
2.8 ghz (ht) intel cpu,
120 gb hard drive.

plz help me out as many games having freezin frames

falsterbo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
hi, as my system spec's are not too good plz guid me at wat highest level I can play F.E.A.R, doom 3 etc. here are my spec�s:-
msi 915g combo Intel chipset motherboard,
2.8 ghz (ht) intel cpu,
120 gb hard drive.

plz help me out as many games having freezin frames

Either you buy a new CPU or overclock it... You need to raise it to about 3,6Ghz or more so that it doesn´t ruin your perfomance. Read FAQ about how to Oc in the forum.

waylander

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2004
aahhh no, don't tell this guy to OC then leave.

The video card is not bad, i would increase your ram to 2gigs (only as 2 x 1gb sticks, do NOT get 4 x 512mb). The more that you can store on ram, the less you have to read from the hdd, the less stuttering you'll get in game. Turn down the settings to minimum... FEAR is great with all the eye candy on but that won't matter if you're getting 10 fps.

Dan14

Distinguished
May 13, 2006
The Video Card is good. You should play this game without problems.
Get 2GB of RAM.
OC your CPU.

You should also Defragment your Hard Drive. Get O&O Defragmenter and defragment using COMPLETE/NAME. It will radicaly improve HDD performance. :)

You might also have viruses or spyware that are slowing down the PC.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
High all setting I got a xp3200 oc abit and no problem at all tune up time for sure, I'm not an intell dude but the dudes suggested some good old fashion stuff that should do ya fine

go into device manage and see if you have any yellow marks, also check your ide and check dma rather than pio also make sure onboard is disabled in bios

PCKid777

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2005
Wow, Intels must suck. lol. My PC (with my ATi X800XT) plays FEAR fine with Mid-Hi graphics and even some physics (even with 1Gb of RAM). More RAM may help, and OCing your CPU might increase FPS a little.

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
another vote for at least two gig of ram
try updating your graphics drivers.
Ive had a few problems with the asus drivers before.
make sure you clean out the old drivers first.
you can always go back.
you shouldnt have to oc that processor very much.
if you decide to oc... someone here with msi experience will lend a hand

GAMBLE06

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2006
I agree!

I burn through fps rates on doom and ut2004 even without the SLI when I was running @ 2.2 stock.

What kinda frame rates are you getting. Did you run 3dmark?

1 more mem
2 stupid question, but make sure you have all the updated drivers.

GL

Tjones

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2004
Thats a good PC you have there, your video card is great as well asus rox!
Anyways dont listen to some of the adice given here and im not going to point out who's either.. so anyhow i beat Doom 3 with a Intel P4 S478 2Ghz cpu @ 3.2 Ghz with stock volts, and Watercooled as well =)..and also I had 1Gb of KHX ram! The game ran Great!

All i can recommend to you if you still have the issue is to update your drivers to lastest Nvidia drivers. (or modified drivers).

Keep us updated on how it goes from here..

Frank_M

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
if that 915G has the integrated graphics you should go to intels web site and download the drivers and try those graphics. I heard they made lots of improvments with FPS in the newer games. you might find you dont need the graphics card
If you were just joking, it was not funny. If you were serious, then you're an idiot.

Back on topic:
did you install the MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS?
Check device manager if the gfx card is working properly; also check for IRQs.
Also check which is set as primary: the graphics card or the onboard. Disable the onboard graphics.

Judging by your specs, your pc should be working fine. If it is still not, then turn some of the settings down, like AA, AF and detail levels, and see if it runs better.

Report back when you're done.

PX7800GT

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2006
2Gb Memory Will Help , But Not Much In F.E.A.R. ...
I Suggest To Update All The Drivers ... Maybe It Solves The Problem ...
But One More Thing ...
2.8 ghz (ht) intel cpu,
120 gb hard drive.
Whit Your System , You Should Be Able To Play F.E.A.R. @ 1024x768 Max Detail ( With Out SoftShadows ) With 2xAA & 16xAF @ 1024x768 !!
I Dont Think You Need To OverClock The CPU , F.E.A.R. Is a Graphic Card Limited ...

Ixian

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
Have you disabled your onboard graphics? Did you plug your monitor into the right card (the 7800 not the onboard)? Its what I did.

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
um ok...

my hardware - Sempron 3400+ 1gig of value ram - geforce 6200 unlocked (w2k not that xp crap)

it plays Doom3 perfectly with high settings and everything maxed.. dont ask me how many fps i never benchmarked - dont care to - it never drops any frames so i dont care :p

im using slightly older video drivers - i run a minimal system - lots of services shut off not many things running in the background
try reading a bit about cleaning up non essential software
check out all your hardware drivers (as a few others have mentioned)
dig around in Google for a while about non essential windows services
defrag, scandisk
also find out how hot yur whole system is getting - CPU - video card
again as already mentioned, check if your onboard Video is disabled
if you cannot afford a virus scanner *avg free* is better than nothing at all
look into a better firewall - i kinda like zone alarm myself

(just my opinions)
i would be willing to bet if this isnt a heat issue then somethin is dodgey in the software area - your hardware is definately good enough to play yur games without being a slideshow

(fact)
for gods sake dont go overclocking until you know the real issue - if you are already overheating, overclocking is not going to help even a little bit, it can in fact make things worse

Asta 8)

falsterbo

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
um ok...

my hardware - Sempron 3400+ 1gig of value ram - geforce 6200 unlocked (w2k not that xp crap)

it plays Doom3 perfectly with high settings and everything maxed...

Yes but what resolution are you running it at, 640x480??? Or maybe your just lucky to get it running... Have you ever tried to run Battlefield 2?

ir_efrem

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2005
if you want to try and lend some ideas to this fellows problem then please do
otherwise stop trolling

dont want to believe what i say, so what...

don't be negative about something that has nothing to do with you..

and yes battlefield2 plays with everything on High - at the highest resolution my monitor will go though that isnt super high - its barely over 1024x768 in fact, again, so what

his hardware is adequet

yourmothersanastronaut

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
Did you or a friend build this system or is it an ordered machine?

I agree with some of the other posts (pretty much everyone's except for the comment about using your Intel IGMA over your 7800 GT):

2 GB of RAM, 2 x 1 GB, if there's an option to spend money on it.

Your CPU is fine, don't overclock it unless you really want to. It shouldn't be bottlenecking your video card, if anything it's your hard drive or RAM.

Make sure your boot drive and all partitions are defragmented - O & O is the best. Ignore Windows' built in defrag tool.

Download all the latest drivers for your chipset, motherboard, video card, networking, storage, everything. Drivers are everything. Flash your BIOS while you're at it.