Windows Explorer boots up at the end of the boot

AS a result of loading SP2 on a Windows XP computer,
windows explorer boots up at the end of the boot.

To what folder?

Though this is often blamed on SP2, it's often really caused by spyware on
the system, or an incomplete cleanup of spyware.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Rick "Nutcase" Rogers wrote:

> To what folder?
>
> Though this is often blamed on SP2, it's often really caused by spyware on
> the system, or an incomplete cleanup of spyware.

When my 2 wk old system first boots up, Windows Explorer doesn't open,
but tries to connect to the internet. Why??? I have it blocked by my
firewall until I know what it is doing. Can you help?
bj

Hi,

Usually spyware or other malware, see:

Modem Automatically Attempts a Dial-Up Connection [Q316530]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316530