Sign in with
Your question

A 4.1 GHz Dual Core at $130 - Can it be True?(questions)

Last response: in Overclocking
May 23, 2006 1:50:40 PM

alright i was jus wondering if i could get the 166mhz fsb and 3.33ghz clock speed on the processor, and stil use the stock cooler heres a link to the article if anyone needs to read it

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/10/dual_41_ghz_core...
May 23, 2006 2:10:05 PM

I'm not absolutely certain...but i think that's the electric bill every month...

In other news...anybody notice that 4.0ghz Conroe that someone Fug'd together? I hear it made news even on the Inq...12sec 1m pI time =) 20k+ 3dmark 05...

Sounds like Conroe may be a pretty good chip...even if we can't hit those kinds of speeds (people are speculating that he got a pretty good chip...which may or may not be true...nobody but him knows).
May 23, 2006 2:15:37 PM

uhh? rong topic maybe? well at least u could help answer my question
Related resources
May 23, 2006 4:00:21 PM

Sorry ryokinshin I don't know the answer to your question, although I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Awesome article. I am looking to upgrade soon and I think I've definitely found the best "bang for the buck" here with oc'ing the 805D. I'd like to get this going on a board that supports SLI though. Does anyone know of this working on an SLI board? Would it work on the Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal? That's the board I've been eyeballing.

Thanks!
May 23, 2006 4:19:41 PM

not sure about that with sli, but i do kno that the 2 asus mobos are crossfire and core 2 duo ready
!