Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

Hi
Hopefully someone out there can help me?
SP2 will not load on my computer.I sent for the disc and
this will not load either.
When I try to download,a windoe comes up saying it has
started downloading and then a meesage comes up saying
download has failed.
When I insert the disc it opens up ok I then press the
continue button,a window opens saying files are being
extracted to f directory when this finishes it goes off
the screen and nothing more happens.
By the way I am running XP Pro.

Thanks for any help

Tony

David

Hi Tony
I loaded the sp2 last night on 2nd attempt after I disabled the AVG Virus
checker.
It took well over an hour.
Dafydd
"tony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Hopefully someone out there can help me?
> SP2 will not load on my computer.I sent for the disc and
> this will not load either.
> When I try to download,a windoe comes up saying it has
> started downloading and then a meesage comes up saying
> download has failed.
> When I insert the disc it opens up ok I then press the
> continue button,a window opens saying files are being
> extracted to f directory when this finishes it goes off
> the screen and nothing more happens.
> By the way I am running XP Pro.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Tony

---

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

17/09/2004

Hi David
thanks for your help. Being a novice,not to sure how to
disable AVG.Can follow insytructions though!!
Thanks again
Tony

>.

You should be able to right click on the AVG tray icon and choose the menu
option to close the application.

An even better approach would be to use the System Configuration Utility to
disable all background programs. Go to Start>Run and enter "msconfig" (no
quotes). On the General Tab of the System Configuration Utility, click the
radio button for Selective Startup and leave Load System Services checked.
Uncheck the others. Click Apply and then OK. Reboot. After the reboot,
cancel the System Configuration Utility screen that informs you that you
have disabled some services and then install SP2. After the installation
type "msconfig" in the Run box again and check the Normal Startup button on
the System Configuration Utility to restore your regular startup and after a
final reboot you should be in fine shape.

> [...]

Tony

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2001

(http://www.grisoft.com).
>> 17/09/2004
>>>
>> Hi David
>> thanks for your help. Being a novice,not to sure how to
>> disable AVG.Can follow insytructions though!!
>> Thanks again
>> Tony

Hi Colin

many thanks for your info. Tried it at weekend and
evrything went off well. SP2 now loaded. Now the problems
start!!!
Once again thanks

Tony
>>>.

> [...]