Frustrating Driver Problem!!! Plz just help me out!!

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Okay first i have to say that i hate taking on a homebuilt computer and i wish i had just bought a prebuilt system cause after building mine ive just had performance problems from the beggininng!! :x :evil: :evil: Problem; when i do a clean install of my computer i have two options of IDE drivers, the Nvidia nForce driver or just the MS driver..... After close to about 20 re-installs trying the two options and getting nothing but bad performance points from each ive come to the conclusion that it may be the settings in the BIOS which support the two different IDE drivers. Now both drivers are causing me problems in different areas, most annoyingly the drop in my 3dmark06 score and gaming performance, however between the two i think i prefere the MS one as the gaming isnt as bad, but it also has its weakpoint; slightly worse general use performance eg; slow logging off, opening files. And of corse just two annoy me the nForce driver is the dam opposite!!!!! Good general use but terrible gaming performance!!! :evil: I am so fed up of my brand new PC always having problems so like i said plz, plz help me get fix it once and for all!! So are there any settings i need to enable/disable for the MS driver to run normal? Or anything else that you think could be the problem? thanks...

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Hi, ill try updating to bios 1011 but also i have the nForce chipset 6.70 drivers.... do you think that 6.65 would be less buggy?

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Yeah thanks for the warning, dont worry i didnt attempt any new bios installation cause ive just realised that i have 1009 which is a fairly recent version. Anyway whats really worrying me is the performance of my games :cry: , gotten worse..... im guessing my 7800gtx is down to gt speeds :x Im considering forkin' out a ton of cash for an expert to come and look at my system but i was really hoping that i wouldnt need too :(

TRENDING THREADS