ATA 186 and pabx?

Hi,

This is (should be) an easy question(!)

Is it possible to plug an ATA 186 in to a standard PABX and use it as
one of the external lines?
If not, what should I be looking for?

Thanks for your attention.

bakdong@hotmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is (should be) an easy question(!)
>
> Is it possible to plug an ATA 186 in to a standard PABX and use it as
> one of the external lines?
> If not, what should I be looking for?
>
> Thanks for your attention.

Yes.

it should work.

Thank you! Has anyone here actually done this? Am I out on a limb with
this one? Is there a better way to do it (connect to a PABX)? Or is
this just standard?

<bakdong@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
> Thank you! Has anyone here actually done this? Am I out on a limb with
> this one? Is there a better way to do it (connect to a PABX)? Or is
> this just standard?

I have done this with a VTA1000 from pcphoneline.com. This is basically the
same idea, but the VTA1000 is an USB device. Flawless operation. (The
VTA1000 supports SIP & Skype)
In use since christmas in a commercial setting.
Regards,
Erwin.

Thanks very much for the assistance. I'll give it a try.

bakdong@hotmail.com <bakdong@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you! Has anyone here actually done this? Am I out on a limb with
> this one? Is there a better way to do it (connect to a PABX)? Or is
> this just standard?

I've done it with Nortel Norstar systems, no problem.

miguel
--
Hit The Road! Photos from 32 countries on 5 continents: http://travel.u.nu

On 13 Jan 2005 08:57:45 -0800, bakdong@hotmail.com wrote:

>Hi,
>
>This is (should be) an easy question(!)
>
>Is it possible to plug an ATA 186 in to a standard PABX and use it as
>one of the external lines?
>If not, what should I be looking for?
>
>Thanks for your attention.

Are you the one that programs the PBX? cuz, I guess I'd be wondering
if your PBX is programmed or limited by ckt-packs to only ground-start
lines?

I have the 186 in a home environment, so I'd be interested in hearing
from others who might know if the 186 can be configured for
ground-start supervision, as opposed to loop-start in the residential
space.

From your question, I'm assuming that you're thinking of trunkside on
the PBX.

Jon