Rumor: Google Event Will Reveal Nexus 7 3G, Nexus 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
"As for Android 4.2 "Jelly Bean" itself, it's poised to compete directly with Apple's iOS 6"

LOL. iOS didn't even "invent" widgets yet. Not to mention the included Maps application, among other debacles. Hell, they barely done stealing the notification bar...
I know people that have avoided the "upgrade" to iOS 6 just because they think it's a failure.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Uhhh am I missing something? Last time I checked, Android 4.1.x is Jelly Bean; 4.0.x is ICS; 4.2.x would logically therefore be Key Lime Pie. And Google already said the next version would be Key Lime Pie. So why do you say Jelly Bean?

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Was about to grab an S3 last week, but decided to wait for the Nexus 4 unveil. I was loving the S3, but many of their devices especially in NA are still stuck at 4.0, and I know 4.1 is silky smooth compare to 4.0. Since Nexus 4 is launching with 4.2 and they always get their software updates on time, I'm probably going to go with the LG Nexus 4.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
thank god not another Samsung shit phone, I will never ever buy another Samsung device. Anything I have ever had from Samsung only caused me grief. So all you Samsung sheep can just vote me down, I'll stick to HTC, Sony ,LG. at least there products work as intended.

Prince_Porter

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]I was loving the S3, but many of their devices especially in NA are still stuck at 4.0, and I know 4.1 is silky smooth compare to 4.0. [/citation]

I've always been confused as to how each new phone, or OS makes something silky smooth in comparison to the last. You can only get so smooth, and I'd be quite disappointed if the S3 and 4.0 aren't as smooth as is noticeable; interface lag and basic performance issues should be a thing of the past.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
I was thrilled when Google acquired Motorola thinking "now we finally have a company that makes the software and the hardware they want to sell, with no constraints from 3rd parties, with no difficulties due to conflicts with other products, that will be integrated with everything it does on the web, mobile and desktop and it's without the constraints Apple artificially imposes".
But now... after all this time, I do have a question... What did they bought Motorola for?!?! Aren't Moto supposed to be phone, tablet, devices manufacturers? Is Google so afraid of what would happen if they piss off Samsung, LG, Asus, etc. that they just can't use Motorola?

mrAB

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
[citation][nom]mihaimm[/nomWhat did they bought Motorola for?!?! Aren't Moto supposed to be phone, tablet, devices manufacturers? Is Google so afraid of what would happen if they piss off Samsung, LG, Asus, etc. that they just can't use Motorola?[/citation]

For its patents. moto owns a lot of them, and Google needs that stuff to protect itself/fight back in the event of a lawsuit

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Was about to grab an S3 last week, but decided to wait for the Nexus 4 unveil. I was loving the S3, but many of their devices especially in NA are still stuck at 4.0, and I know 4.1 is silky smooth compare to 4.0. Since Nexus 4 is launching with 4.2 and they always get their software updates on time, I'm probably going to go with the LG Nexus 4.[/citation]
I had just posted about getting an S3 myself instead of the new WP8, now it seems we are like minded. Those specs sound really nice!

[citation][nom]dyc4ha[/nom]Disappointed really if no other Nexus phones are announced apart from LG... Was hoping for a samsung/HTC/Sony nexus[/citation]

yea i really want to stay with the nexus line of phones but if LG is going to be the only company making the next one that is a dealbreaker for me.

hannibal

Distinguished
[citation][nom]mrAB[/nom][citation][nom]mihaimm[/nomWhat did they bought Motorola for?!?! Aren't Moto supposed to be phone, tablet, devices manufacturers? Is Google so afraid of what would happen if they piss off Samsung, LG, Asus, etc. that they just can't use Motorola?[/citation]For its patents. moto owns a lot of them, and Google needs that stuff to protect itself/fight back in the event of a lawsuit[/citation]

And the other Android makers does not want to compete with Google based Motorola phones, so Google is very carefull not to release too good Motorola device... I can understand that, but I am allso a little bit disapointed...

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]yea i really want to stay with the nexus line of phones but if LG is going to be the only company making the next one that is a dealbreaker for me.[/citation]

I don't see why, i have an LG phone and its working within parameters, can't say that about my Galaxy S+.

amdwilliam1985

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2006
[citation][nom]hannibal[/nom]For its patents. moto owns a lot of them, and Google needs that stuff to protect itself/fight back in the event of a lawsuit[/citation]And the other Android makers does not want to compete with Google based Motorola phones, so Google is very carefull not to release too good Motorola device... I can understand that, but I am allso a little bit disapointed...[/citation]

Give Google some time to work with Motorola, come on, they only technically owning the company for 3 months. A typical device takes 2 years to develop. Plus I already see good/positive effects of this new combination. They stop releasing so many phones and are concentrating on high end phones only now. They gave ICS to older Moto phones, this would never happen without Google. I think Google is working hard to fix the broken image of Motorola.

I'm more exciting about future of Android devices, Samsung and HTC are making great phones. A revamped Motorola and Sony will come back in 2 years maybe. There's also Asus and LG being the black horses.

mrAB

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

Moto's definitely improving though. Before Google's buyout, its software was looking just like another skinned TouchWiz. Now, it's actually closest to stock experience

Status
Not open for further replies.