New nVidia beta forceware with new control panel.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
They're a bit strange........and incomplete somehow?

I was able to adjust the colors on my second monitor better than anytime in the past with these though....

I need to game a bit and see how the performance is.

Post your findings as well.

GeneticWeapon

Splendid
Jan 13, 2003
Hey how is your game performance with the new forceware? I would just like to know if its safe...
The performance is great. And if you dont like the new control panel, you can click a button, and switch back to the old one.

I'd like to say that the new control panel loads hella-fast, and is nothing like the piece of shiit, bloated Catalyst control center...

Heyyou27

Splendid
Jan 4, 2006
I used the F.E.A.R. in game benchmark on release 90.

With SLI disabled on 1280x1024 2XMSAA 16XAF all details max SS disabled
Minimum: 35
Average: 59
Maximum: 130

0% below 25FPS
13% between 25 and 40FPS
87% above 40FPS

I'll test SLI performance later.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
my frames went up a little but the biggest thing i saw was image quality, i noticed a biggg difference in the before and after of farcry plus my frames arent as unstable(like from 89-12 fps in 1 sec) much smoother. i dont really like the panel though. but thats alright 8)

kwalker

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
I was fighting a driver issue for a rig I threw together for one of my sons.
I installed one of Asus's finest N6200 agp cards (knew better)
the asus driver was a nightmare.
would you believe the beta fixed the crash issue and atrifacts.
couldnt even load warcraft III before.
none of the other drivers cured this.
odd
I'll burn it in and keep you informed.

hatsurfer

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Awsome!! Just got my 7900 GTX from EVGA today. I ran all kinda benchies to compare. I will test this out when I get home from work.

rumcooler

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Boost in FEAR fps. And HL2 image quality is awesome. Control panel works great compared to the beta one they had before. Some people are complaining about profiles not saving and open gl games not working. All is good over here. If anyone is having trouble with them they recommend a reinstall. These are keepers.

chuckshissle

Splendid
Feb 2, 2006
No good on my 7800GTX 256 SLI setup.

Nvidia settings at 2xAA, 4xAF, Multisampling, Bilinear, and everything esle turn on.

FEAR settings at 2xFSAA, 4xAF, Volumetric light, SoftShadow and everything else on maximum.

Using X-Fi sound card on "Game Mode".

My results: :cry:

:cry: Why is this happening to me? :cry:

Anyways, I have noticed also that I can only view one temp monitor of my two cards, whichever it is. :(

I might switch back to the 84.21. :cry:

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
Hmm i got some mixed results. 4xAA Antrioscopic filtering and medium settings i got 2 fps drop when the action heats up from 30-31 fps to 28-29 fps.
But my frames on idle went up from 60 -61 fps to 62 fps. Why?

I'd like to say that the new control panel loads hella-fast, and is nothing like the piece of shiit, bloated Catalyst control center...

Of course it's faster, it's only a control panel, whereas the other is a control Centre. Haven't you even seen one of those? Control centre are FULL of Control Panels, so obviously it's going to be a bit slower it's like huge! :tongue:

PS, CP with Traytools is ok for speed, but it'd be nice if they got CCC faster and less memory hoggish (not that it matters much with 2GBs).

PPS, Oh yeah these just crash my laptop, I'm going back to the 6.4s. :twisted: