• Buy monitor now and other stuff later

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Buy all later, monitor and other components

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

ammon615

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
Greetings. i have a quick question about computer components and pricing over the next 3 months. i am looking to upgrade my current system, however, like most people, i am living on a budget and i don't have a bunch of money to throw at it all at once. so, my plan is to buy compents over the next 3 months to kind of spread it out. i found a LCD monitor that is a really good deal and i am needing some advise. my main question is, over the next 3 months, which is more likely to have a bigger price decrease, LCD monitors, or socket 939 motherboards and cpu's? i know the new AM2 chips were just released. will this effect the price of 939 chips? my personal theory is that the motherboard and cpu's will have a greater decrease in price while the LCD monitors will not have as a drastic decrease. anyway, any suggestions would be apprecieated! thanks!

weilin

Distinguished
my vote goes to the monitor first, things like that doesnt really change so getting it now or later wouldn't make a difference. Everything else you might want to wait, infact unless your obcessed with AMD i would wait a bit more for Core 2 duo. See the benchmarks and see which is better/cheaper.

My 2 cents.