g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
A couple of months ago The Kid won a Acer Ferrari, which we had to send back after 2 weeks with a bad mobo. It just died again and she sent an E Mail to get a RMA a few of days ago and no answer yet. Does anyone have the Acer web page for the RMA? Been looking and can't find it. Glad she didn't have to pay for this this thing.

That is by far one of the best laptops I have used. Im sorry you have having trouble and that ACER is giving you a hard time.

Suggestions
RMA it: Request forms are located near the bottom on the right. (DOC format).

Call customer service and ask to speak with a customer relations person and complain a bunch.

I will buy it.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks, finally found it. It took me a couple of days to get the Acer U S support site, had no problems getting to the Thailand site but that didn't do me much good. It is a terrific laptop but having to send it back twice in 3 months is really poor given it's a $2000 machine. I'd be more upset if a) it were my machine rather than The Kid's and b) if she had paid for it. I'll just stay away from Acer

I would suggest you dont give Acer too much credit for this foulup. Each company has their faults and every one of them has the potential to let you down in a disusting way.

Glad you got to the site for RMA service. I still might call up Customer relations and see what they can do.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
My major problem with Acer is that I've had a horrible time getting to the support section of their web site, not accessable a lot of the time as well as finding what I need. In addition, a friend of mine got an Acer a while back and screwed something up setting it up and she called tech support and appraently they weren't very helpful. Really all they had to do was tell her to re-install everything, which I did for her and it solved the problem. A company's support site is one of the major criterea I use when judging if I want to do business with them. I want to be able to get to the support site and quickly find an answer, even if it's send it back and I've had nothing but trouble with their support site. While I'm not a huge fan of Dell, their on-line chat support is pretty good. I think evey company should study what newegg is doing. It's a big company with excellent service and support. I will give Acer credit for paying for pickup of RMAs and once you get to the right area of their web site the RMA process is quick.

Most companies have the online chat, and I do agree, that is great. My favorite being Gateway for their great online support.

I am a computer repair owner and tech so I deal with 100's of computer support issues a month, but I does help to know exactly whats wrong and what to say.

Again, sorry Acer did not live up to the standards I have seen. I would call customer relations and tell them that. Many times u get good stuff.