Phaser 850 roller counter resetting? (Maintenance Kit reset)

The "Extended Maintenance Kit" in my Phaser 850 printer has about 60% of
it's life left. However, the printer refuses to let me print from my, since
the kit was installed just over two years ago. (They have a 45000 print /
24 month expiration built in) My prints have been flawless, and there is
plenty of life left in the oiler/roller. What bugs me the most is that I can
still print test pages, status reports, etc from the printer - just not any
data sent from my PC.

Graphics Technologies offers chip resetters for laser toner
remanufacturers, and one model does reset the Phaser 850:
http://www.graphic-technologies.com/id67.htm
http://www.rechargermag.com/article.asp?id=200210242

` "During our global chip research, we encountered a wide variety of units
that utilize chips for tracking information. Whenever possible, we will
offer a straightforward solution to help rechargers. When we came across the
Phaser 850, we discovered that the chip fits right into one of our resetting
protocols," said Cachia. The system allows rechargers to plug into the chip
connector directly, and reset the chip using the reset box and the
proprietary "MasterSet" software. '

Does anyone own a Graphics Technologies "MasterSet" 7730 with the proper
cable to reset a Phaser 850 chip? Or does anyone know a way to change the
printer's internal clock? (to set it to a year ago, before the "expiration
date" of the roller)

Thanks,

Awol
awol [AT] i-hacked [D0T] com