s600 Replacement print head

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Hi

I'm after a print head for the s600. A printer that's way out of warranty.

I believe that it's either a fixed, non user-serviceable part
OR
it's part number 'BC33' without an 'e' on the end.

This has been a bit of a chore finding the right part number.

I hope you can help. That'd be great.

I'd like the print head as the ink tanks have cross-contamination. I have a
BJC-6200 that had the same problem recently and a new print head did the
trick.

P.S. No amount of head cleaning via software or chemicals has helped either
of these Canon printers so far.

Thanks very much

Darren
P.S. Also posted to alt.comp.periphs.printers but there were only 130 posts
there.

Darren wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm after a print head for the s600. A printer that's way out of warranty.
>
> I believe that it's either a fixed, non user-serviceable part
> OR
> it's part number 'BC33' without an 'e' on the end.
>
> This has been a bit of a chore finding the right part number.
>
> I hope you can help. That'd be great.
>
> I'd like the print head as the ink tanks have cross-contamination. I have a
> BJC-6200 that had the same problem recently and a new print head did the
> trick.
>
> P.S. No amount of head cleaning via software or chemicals has helped either
> of these Canon printers so far.
>
> Thanks very much

Go to eBay, type "S600 printhead" in the search box. From what I see
this is a simple user take-out and replace in 30 seconds job. I just
replaced one of mine last week. Just remove the old one, install the
new, run a clean cycle, and perform an alignment. Should run
immediately. Good luck.

-Taliesyn

Hi Darren!

I found the BC33 printhead in at least four stores in the UK, with
prices ranging 37-45GBP.

Do a google for BC33 and you should be able to locate one.

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Thanks

I found out that the part number is QY6-0034-000 (in Australia anyway.)

It's a very expensive part and unlike other Canon print heads comes without
any ink.

IMHO the s600 was a very poor investment, due to the price and limited
availability of the print head.

I'll be looking for another printer with better priced consumables next time
won't I!

"Darren" <no@replypls.com> wrote in message
> Thanks
>
> I found out that the part number is QY6-0034-000 (in Australia anyway.)
>
> It's a very expensive part and unlike other Canon print heads comes
> without
> any ink.
>
> IMHO the s600 was a very poor investment, due to the price and limited
> availability of the print head.
>
> I'll be looking for another printer with better priced consumables next
> time
> won't I!

The limited availability as you call it is because on the old BJC models the
printhead was a consumable item which was purchased in just about any
computer supply store, and on the S600 (and all models since) it is a 'part'
which is covered under the one year warranty. The consumables (ink tanks)
are still far less expensive than the competitors.

darren

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003

Canon Australia have told me that the BC33 is not the part number I need,
although I thought it was too.

The part I need is a QYC-0034.

If I get enough people telling me that the BC33 is the part, then I guess
that's what I'll do...

Thanks guys

Darren

> Canon Australia have told me that the BC33 is not the part number I need,
> although I thought it was too.
>
> The part I need is a QYC-0034.
>
> If I get enough people telling me that the BC33 is the part, then I guess
> that's what I'll do...
>
> Thanks guys

Well Canon Australia IS right, the BC-33 is NOT the correct printhead for
the S600 printer.
A BC-33 will actual fit, and it will 'often' function, but output will not
be as intended due to some design differences.

TRENDING THREADS