Handytone 486 with Airport Express

I'm having problems connecting to the Internet with my Airport Express
connected to the LAN port of the Handytone 486. When I open up a
browser and type in an address e.g. http://www.xyz.com it does not find
the site. However, a bit of experimentation, when I typed in the IP
address it went straight to the site. Somehow, the DNS is not set
correctly.

When I connect my pc directly to the LAN port of the Handytone 486, I'm
able to surf.

Any ideas why this is happening?

--
kofi
http://forums.speedguide.net

"kofi" <kofi.1ixvtb@no-mx.earth.universe.org> wrote in message

> I'm having problems connecting to the Internet with my Airport Express
> connected to the LAN port of the Handytone 486. When I open up a
> browser and type in an address e.g. http://www.xyz.com it does not find
> the site. However, a bit of experimentation, when I typed in the IP
> address it went straight to the site. Somehow, the DNS is not set
> correctly.
>
> When I connect my pc directly to the LAN port of the Handytone 486, I'm
> able to surf.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?

What's an Airport Express..? Sounds like a bus service to me ;-)

Ivor

> I'm having problems connecting to the Internet with my Airport Express
> connected to the LAN port of the Handytone 486. When I open up a
> browser and type in an address e.g. http://www.xyz.com it does not find
> the site. However, a bit of experimentation, when I typed in the IP
> address it went straight to the site. Somehow, the DNS is not set
> correctly.
>
> When I connect my pc directly to the LAN port of the Handytone 486, I'm
> able to surf.
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?

Actually I don´t know what an "Airport Express" is but I am guessing it to
be a router.
Well, if you can surf using your PC then the DNS is set up correctly in your
handytone.

If you have your "Airport Express" connected to your handytone and your PC
to your "Airport Express" then that means that your PC tries to resolve the
DNS through your "Airport Express" and not through your handytone. So you
need to set up your DNS in your "Airport Express" correctly. Just use the
same IP as you have set up in your handytone or use the handtone's IP.

Andrian