We need to look at computers as in power not as fanboys

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I keep looking at the post. Some people are acting Like Intel and AMD is their gods. Pretty much worshipping one or the other. Sound pretty stupid don’t you think? People who view chips as, which are fastest at the time, are the heroes of the Forums. They don’t go oh AMD faster or Intel faster. They might like to wait until both new chips are out and see the true facts. Then buy best chip at the time. They know if Amd Loses their prices will drop. That helps us. But if we lose Amd or Intel we are in Real trouble.

Remember when Amd hit the Ghz first. Then around 1800+ Intel was faster until Northwood, Presscott. Then Amd released the Amd 64. Now It coming back to Intel Conroe chip 0.065µ Vers Amd fx 62 0.090µ. Right Now I don’t care which one wins. We hope the one company that doesn’t have the crown brings out a new product.

We are at a time where People are starting to understand Ghz don’t matter. Stores might use it for false advertisement. But Most don’t do that today. There are a few chips Like Intel Xeon and Amd 64 5000 Which both Amd and Intel needs to fix that. We all can agree with this.

I might buy the Conroe chip. Which depends on price and speed. I'm getting to a point where Chips are 2x the speed of my desktop and Laptops.

Here what I'm going to do is look into useing my old ram chips for a Ram drive and run it as windows. If power out I have ways to run it for days.

Atolsammeek

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
what wrong you dont like facts that are ture.

People who view chips as which are fastest at the time are the heroes of the Forums.

Funny how Fanboys hate that fact.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
what wrong you dont like facts that are ture.

Since when have facts not been true?

People who view chips as which are fastest at the time are the heroes of the Forums.

huh?

Funny how Fanboys hate that fact.

What fact?

I take it English is not your native language? You also didn't answer my question.

Ok seriously though, do you really expect people to change their opinion/religion with just a few lines of poorly written text? No, your thread will change nothing. People will read it and just ignore it.

luminaris

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
See flamer and fanboy -> Action Man.

All he can do is flame other people. Even if that person is thinking about getting Intel chip.

I tend to agree with you to a degree on your original post and think that all of us should evaluate fairly from a technical and average user standpoint instead of bickering about who is better. Intel has made inroads tackling their power and heat problem with netburst. AMD at one time had those very same issues and they tackled it.

What I can't get over is how much bickering is going on over processors that aren't even out yet. I realize AM2 is being released but, Intel has yet to release Conroe yet. We all just need to take a step back and look at the entire picture and be respectful of one another.

In Action Mans defense, he does bring alot to the table and often sheds credible information. I don't consider him a flamer and is only trying to keep us all on the level in these forums. I respect him because he's true and to the point. Some people take it differently.

dvdpiddy

Splendid
Feb 3, 2006
I have to say you are right atol think about it if people constantly think that one company will be the best forever and the other the worst forever and these people pledge loyalty to the company that is better at the time then the other company comes out with something better then what happens? Exactly the birth of fanboy's! My arch enemy here is Ycon cause he contradictes himslef about intel so many times!

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
I agree with you re: AtolSammeek thread. It's about technology, not some love for one company vs another. When they compete fiercely and this produces real advances and good pricing - we all win. I, also, understand that English may not be AtolSammeek's 1st language, but his point is well made.

I'd ask Action Man and others to cut him some slack here!

gOJDO

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2006
I keep looking at the post. Some people are acting Like Intel and AMD is their gods. Pretty much worshipping one or the other. Sound pretty stupid don’t you think? People who view chips as, which are fastest at the time, are the heroes of the Forums. They don’t go oh AMD faster or Intel faster. They might like to wait until both new chips are out and see the true facts. Then buy best chip at the time. They know if Amd Loses their prices will drop. That helps us. But if we lose Amd or Intel we are in Real trouble.
Those people are not acting like Intel and AMD are their gods, they act like they are god. That is stupid and childish, as much as thinking about your self as you are a hero in unreal world(forum). That is trying to escape from reality and living in imagined world where the wishes are becoming illusions and illusions are becoming reality. Those asocial persons are nobody and nothing in the real life and for them the time has no dimension in their missing life.
Remember when Amd hit the Ghz first. Then around 1800+ Intel was faster until Northwood, Presscott. Then Amd released the Amd 64. Now It coming back to Intel Conroe chip 0.065µ Vers Amd fx 62 0.090µ. Right Now I don’t care which one wins. We hope the one company that doesn’t have the crown brings out a new product.
Again, you can't notice how you start flaming with good sentences about your way of thinking and the facts you know, talking about all, but thinking on your slef and people like you are. I think that you've concluded this earlier, but you are afraid to admit your mistakes and ignorance. They don't fit in your thoughts about your slef being clever and smart knowledgable person with great authority. Anyway, it is not good flaming others about what you are. There are so many people who know and have concluded much more than you.
You should learn what is authority and respect, before asking form others to respect you and your opinion. The relationships between people are bilateral process, they are hard buildable, but easy destroyable.
We are at a time where People are starting to understand Ghz don’t matter. Stores might use it for false advertisement. But Most don’t do that today. There are a few chips Like Intel Xeon and Amd 64 5000 Which both Amd and Intel needs to fix that. We all can agree with this.
Your way of thinking is so radical, the world exist before you have been planed(or not) to exist. You turst only to your self, but only you are not smart enough to figure out more than all the humanity for its existence. You can ignore my post also, but take it friendly. There is so much truth in your post, you've figured out some bad things about your self and that gives a chance that you will change them.
There are many people who understood that MHz does matter, but there are some things that matter more. Don't expect all to agree with what you are saying. I am not talking if you are wrong, I am talking about the people like you who are trying to prove something oposite.
I might buy the Conroe chip. Which depends on price and speed. I'm getting to a point where Chips are 2x the speed of my desktop and Laptops.

Here what I'm going to do is look into useing my old ram chips for a Ram drive and run it as windows. If power out I have ways to run it for days.
Nice to see that you have started accepting reality. Cheers.

Action_Man

Splendid
Jan 7, 2004
I don't disagree with the thread, its just you've already posted this a number of times now and 90%+ of your posts are this thread in fewer words.

I'd ask Action Man and others to cut him some slack here!

Hey I'm just asking. I'm sorry if it came off as negative.

All he can do is flame other people.

All I can do? I'd consider that a flame.

In theory I agree with your post, and in practice I attempt to post positive information within these forums. I openly admit that I fail in that attempt.

With that said, the best I think we can do try to promote good will. However, given some of the personalities within these forums, that will be very difficult, and as evidenced by some of the replies to this thread, will be long time coming. I find these forums fascinating in that they are a microcosm of the interactions, perceptions, and bigotry present in the everyday world.

Nice idea and in a perfect virtual world, it might actually happen. In the words of Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

Those people are not acting like Intel and AMD are their gods, they act like they are god. That is stupid and childish, as much as thinking about your self as you are a hero in unreal world(forum). That is trying to escape from reality and living in imagined world where the wishes are becoming illusions and illusions are becoming reality. Those asocial persons are nobody and nothing in the real life and for them the time has no dimension in their missing life.
Again, you can't notice how you start flaming with good sentences about your way of thinking and the facts you know, talking about all, but thinking on your slef and people like you are. I think that you've concluded this earlier, but you are afraid to admit your mistakes and ignorance. They don't fit in your thoughts about your slef being clever and smart knowledgable person with great authority. Anyway, it is not good flaming others about what you are. There are so many people who know and have concluded much more than you.
You should learn what is authority and respect, before asking form others to respect you and your opinion. The relationships between people are bilateral process, they are hard buildable, but easy destroyable.
Your way of thinking is so radical, the world exist before you have been planed(or not) to exist. You turst only to your self, but only you are not smart enough to figure out more than all the humanity for its existence. You can ignore my post also, but take it friendly. There is so much truth in your post, you've figured out some bad things about your self and that gives a chance that you will change them.
There are many people who understood that MHz does matter, but there are some things that matter more. Don't expect all to agree with what you are saying. I am not talking if you are wrong, I am talking about the people like you who are trying to prove something oposite.

Nice to see that you have started accepting reality. Cheers.

In the context of this thread, I understand what you are trying to say, but I think your delivery is off. Self examination is necessary and the idea that you recommend it to AtolSammeek is ironic considering how your post could be perceived.

Good luck!

Atol,

I agree with your post. I admittedly favor AMD, but I don't get emotional about it. If Intel starts making better products and consistently has the lead over AMD, then I'll switch camps.

It is truly very weird to see people defend these companies to the death as if their life depended on it.

gr8mikey

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2002
Yeah, really.

You almost have to get into a Ford vs. Chevy or college football rivalry or better yet Democrat vs. Republican debate to find the same level of fanaticism that you see on this board.

Human behavior never ceases to amaze me.

sdrawkcaBgoD

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2006
I see a lot of this fanboyism as people trying to justify their own purchases. For instance, if someone goes out and buys the most expensive and fastest chip from Company X, they want to feel that they were justified with their purchase. When Company B comes out with a chip that performs just as well or better, they will do their best to beat down the opinions of others in regards to B's new chip. Why do they do this? I believe it is because they spent $800 on their "awesome" chip and can't deal with the fact that maybe, just maybe, they don't have the world's most amazing rig from the world's most incredible company. They will defend to the death Company A's chip solely to justify their own purchase. They don't want to feel that they personally may have made an unwise decision. That would just destroy their cyber-ego.

Also, it's not just AMD and Intel who have their rabid followers. Let's not forget the Mac/PC fanboys, the ATI/Nvidia fanboys and, to certain extent, even the Raptor/RAID fanboys.

Personally, I could care less about who makes my components. As long as they do what they're supposed to do, who cares?

shinigamiX

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006
Not like it's your bandwidth :p If every post viewed as a waste of bandwidth was deleted I'd have exactly 0 posts.
Besides, the man's got a point. What's the point of stabbing someone with a rubber knife if you can get a steel one in a few months?

TRENDING THREADS