One USB printer - sevral computers?

Hi!

I have an HP Officejet 4111 All-in-one with a USB hookup.

Is it possible for three computers in our office to be hooked up to it
somehow?

Thanks!

Carmen

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have an HP Officejet 4111 All-in-one with a USB hookup.
>
> Is it possible for three computers in our office to be hooked up to it
> somehow?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Carmen

Assuming the computers are networked, you can just share it on the
computer it is connected to and then have the other computers connect to
it through the computer that is sharing it.

or

Also assuming you have a network, you can get a USB printer server. The
printer server connects to the network and then all the computer connect
to the printer through the printer server. Last time I checked a USB
printer server cost about $70.

HTH,
ken

"ken" <ken@ken.ken> wrote in message
> Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have an HP Officejet 4111 All-in-one with a USB hookup.
> >
> > Is it possible for three computers in our office to be hooked up to it
> > somehow?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Carmen
>
> Assuming the computers are networked, you can just share it on the
> computer it is connected to and then have the other computers connect to
> it through the computer that is sharing it.
>
> or
>
> Also assuming you have a network, you can get a USB printer server. The
> printer server connects to the network and then all the computer connect
> to the printer through the printer server. Last time I checked a USB
> printer server cost about $70.

or as a last resort you can get a mechanical switch like device that you
have to change/check before you can use the printer. Not very satisfactory
really but better (just) than unplugging each time