Belarc advisor

I like to upgrade my PC with some more mem. Belarc Advisor give the info of
slots

Slot '0' has 256 MB
Slot '1' is Empty
Slot '2' has 256 MB
Slot '3' is Empty

I see only 2 slots in my PC filled with memory.

Since I downloaded this BA via this group I hope some one can help my out.
11 answers Last reply
More about belarc advisor

    Wim

    Same thing used to happen with me, had only 2 slots at one stage and 1 Nr.
    512mb yet BA said slot '0' 512mb, slot '1' 512mb (if only)
    Never understood it. AIDA32 gives a more comprehensive analysis of your pc.

    Ibby

    "Wim Dijkgraaf" <wim.dijkgraaf@pandora.be> wrote in message
    >I like to upgrade my PC with some more mem. Belarc Advisor give the info of
    >slots
    >
    > Slot '0' has 256 MB
    > Slot '1' is Empty
    > Slot '2' has 256 MB
    > Slot '3' is Empty
    >
    > I see only 2 slots in my PC filled with memory.
    >
    > Since I downloaded this BA via this group I hope some one can help my out.

    >Same thing used to happen with me, had only 2 slots at one stage and 1 Nr.
    >512mb yet BA said slot '0' 512mb, slot '1' 512mb (if only)
    >Never understood it. AIDA32 gives a more comprehensive analysis of your pc.

    AIDA32 is now obsolete, it is now Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/

    ===
    All the best!
    Katy Pluta

    Sorry Katy, I have a backup DVD full of ultilities that that I download in
    case I need to reinstall anything.

    Ibby

    "Katy Pluta" <katy@projectmagenta.com> wrote in message
    > >Same thing used to happen with me, had only 2 slots at one stage and 1
    > >Nr.
    >>512mb yet BA said slot '0' 512mb, slot '1' 512mb (if only)
    >>Never understood it. AIDA32 gives a more comprehensive analysis of your
    >>pc.
    >
    > AIDA32 is now obsolete, it is now Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/
    >
    > ===
    > All the best!
    > Katy Pluta

    Katy,

    It is still available from many sources like
    http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html and it still does
    comprehensive reporting for free.

    Regards

    Geoff

    "Katy Pluta" <katy@projectmagenta.com> wrote in message
    > >Same thing used to happen with me, had only 2 slots at one stage and 1
    Nr.
    > >512mb yet BA said slot '0' 512mb, slot '1' 512mb (if only)
    > >Never understood it. AIDA32 gives a more comprehensive analysis of your
    pc.

    > AIDA32 is now obsolete, it is now Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/
    >
    > ===
    > All the best!
    > Katy Pluta

    >It is still available from many sources like
    >http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html and it still does
    >comprehensive reporting for free.

    It sure does but Everest is its successor, same author, free version
    too and kept up to date with the latest hardware...

    ===
    All the best!
    Katy Pluta

    On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:57:23 GMT, "Wim Dijkgraaf"
    <wim.dijkgraaf@pandora.be> wrote:

    >I like to upgrade my PC with some more mem. Belarc Advisor give the info of
    >slots
    >
    >Slot '0' has 256 MB
    >Slot '1' is Empty
    >Slot '2' has 256 MB
    >Slot '3' is Empty
    >
    >I see only 2 slots in my PC filled with memory.
    >
    >Since I downloaded this BA via this group I hope some one can help my out.

    http://www.crucial.com/

    Want to eliminate the hassle and risk of getting the wrong
    memory—guaranteed, or your money back?

    Select your computer's manufacturer, product line, and model in the
    Crucial Memory Advisor tool.

    If you don't know these details about your computer, try the Crucial
    System Scanner below to find the recommended upgrade automatically.

    I highly recommend Crucial!

    Katy, where is the Free version of Everest?
    I see where they offer a trial version, but nothing beyond that for less
    than $29.95.
    AL

    > >It is still available from many sources like
    >>http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html and it still does
    >>comprehensive reporting for free.
    >
    > It sure does but Everest is its successor, same author, free version
    > too and kept up to date with the latest hardware...
    >
    > ===
    > All the best!
    > Katy Pluta

    >Katy, where is the Free version of Everest?
    >I see where they offer a trial version, but nothing beyond that for less
    >than $29.95.

    Home edition is freeware:
    http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

    ===
    All the best!
    Katy Pluta

    Geoff, I tried to download AIDA32 from the above link, but when I try to put
    in my e-mail address, I get a no-page error, so can't download it. Any
    other ideas?
    AL

    "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Katy,
    >
    > It is still available from many sources like
    > http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html and it still does
    > comprehensive reporting for free.
    >
    > Regards
    >
    > Geoff
    >
    > "Katy Pluta" <katy@projectmagenta.com> wrote in message
    >> >Same thing used to happen with me, had only 2 slots at one stage and 1
    > Nr.
    >> >512mb yet BA said slot '0' 512mb, slot '1' 512mb (if only)
    >> >Never understood it. AIDA32 gives a more comprehensive analysis of your
    > pc.
    >>
    >> AIDA32 is now obsolete, it is now Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/
    >>
    >> ===
    >> All the best!
    >> Katy Pluta

    Try the download without putting in you address. I was able to get it
    that way.

    AL Koppen wrote:
    > Geoff, I tried to download AIDA32 from the above link, but when I try to put
    > in my e-mail address, I get a no-page error, so can't download it. Any
    > other ideas?
    > AL
    >

    > "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Katy,
    >>
    >>It is still available from many sources like
    >>http://www.sofotex.com/AIDA32-download_L9326.html and it still does
    >>comprehensive reporting for free.
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>
    >>Geoff
    >>
    >>"Katy Pluta" <katy@projectmagenta.com> wrote in message

    >>Nr.

    >>pc.
    >>
    >>>AIDA32 is now obsolete, it is now Everest at http://www.lavalys.com/
    >>>
    >>>===
    >>>All the best!
    >>>Katy Pluta

    Still no good reply on my original question about the mem slots?

    Wim Dijkgraaf
    Belgium

    "Shadow" <shadow@barelyanimage.com> schreef in bericht
    > On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 05:57:23 GMT, "Wim Dijkgraaf"
    > <wim.dijkgraaf@pandora.be> wrote:
    >
    >>I like to upgrade my PC with some more mem. Belarc Advisor give the info
    >>of
    >>slots
    >>
    >>Slot '0' has 256 MB
    >>Slot '1' is Empty
    >>Slot '2' has 256 MB
    >>Slot '3' is Empty
    >>
    >>I see only 2 slots in my PC filled with memory.
    >>
    >>Since I downloaded this BA via this group I hope some one can help my out.
    >>

    > http://www.crucial.com/
    >
    > Want to eliminate the hassle and risk of getting the wrong
    > memory-guaranteed, or your money back?
    >
    > Select your computer's manufacturer, product line, and model in the
    > Crucial Memory Advisor tool.
    >
    > If you don't know these details about your computer, try the Crucial
    > System Scanner below to find the recommended upgrade automatically.
    >
    > I highly recommend Crucial!

Games Microsoft Video Games