Unlocking linksys PAP2

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock the linksys PAP2 phone adaptor
Mine is locked onto Vonage
My goal is to use these for point to point communications using one of the
many free voip providers

Any help would be appreciated

thanks in advance

MK

Shaker wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to unlock the linksys PAP2 phone adaptor
> Mine is locked onto Vonage
> My goal is to use these for point to point communications using one of the
> many free voip providers
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> thanks in advance
>
> MK

What "free" voip services???

In article ID <IcCdnZLrlNhVV3bcRVn-rQ@comcast.com>, Rick Merrill
<rickmerrill@comcastTHROW.net> writes:

>What "free" voip services???

A lot of these are free ip to ip services. They charge extra to call POTS
lines.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,12170664~time=1103585560~mode=flat

The Sipura (2000 or 3000) should work with these BYOD providers per Voxilla,
BroadVoice
DialPad
Free World Dialup
Go2Call
Gossiptel
iConnectHere
inPhonex
Musimi
Net2Phone
Nikotel
Sipgate.de
Sipgate.co.uk
SIPphone
Stanaphone
Telefin
Terracall
TrueVoIP
VoiceEclipse
VoicePulse (Connect or Open Access)
VoIPTalk (TelAppliant)
Vonage Softphone Account

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

It's true that the free ones do charge extra for accessing POTS lines and I
have no problem with that
At least they offer free point to point on their network
I'm absolutely NOT interested in paying monthly fees for voip
If I choose to call a POTS line then I would expect to pay the 5cents a
minute or what ever for that call
The amount of calls I make to POTS lines from VOIP add up to $20 a year.

This is what I expect from VOIP - free point to point and pay per call to
POTS
I use Firefly from Freshtel which has a pay per call to POTS lines and works
very well
I've tried skype and wipphone which also work well - but stuck with Firefly
cause it's extremely simple to set up and the sound quality is amazing

I no longer have or need a land line
I use voip for my long distance friends and cell phone for local

Works out well

MK

"p" <-> wrote in message news:aqqou0dd55qafk6tqacdtbramvrhea910i@4ax.com...
> In article ID <IcCdnZLrlNhVV3bcRVn-rQ@comcast.com>, Rick Merrill
> <rickmerrill@comcastTHROW.net> writes:
>
> >What "free" voip services???
>
> A lot of these are free ip to ip services. They charge extra to call POTS
> lines.

http://www.broadbandreports.com/forum/remark,12170664~time=1103585560~mode=flat

> The Sipura (2000 or 3000) should work with these BYOD providers per
Voxilla,
> BroadVoice
> DialPad
> Free World Dialup
> Go2Call
> Gossiptel
> iConnectHere
> inPhonex
> Musimi
> Net2Phone
> Nikotel
> Sipgate.de
> Sipgate.co.uk
> SIPphone
> Stanaphone
> Telefin
> Terracall
> TrueVoIP
> VoiceEclipse
> VoicePulse (Connect or Open Access)
> VoIPTalk (TelAppliant)
> Vonage Softphone Account

Shaker

Distinguished
May 1, 2004

Wow,

I actually found what I need at sipphone.com :)
Not really related to this title - but definatly the service i was looking
for.
Now to unload those doorstop linksys routers

MK