Cataloguing Add-ons

Last response: in Video Games
August 19, 2005 10:12:12 PM

I have bought and downloaded lots of add-ons. Often I see something on Avsim
or Flightsim which I think would be interesting in the future, and download
while I see it. However, I feel that I am starting to lose track, other than
what's currently installed. Does anyone use any cataloguing software, or
have a fantastic speadsheet, or database that they use for this purpose?

Rich

More about : cataloguing add ons

Anonymous
August 19, 2005 10:12:13 PM

Try Rana Hossain's FlightSim Manager (on AVSIM). It won't catalogue
what you've already got, but it will help you keep track of things
going forward if you use it. (Which I don't do, I have to admit, for
that. I am, though, as we speak, making another CD archive of my
payware planes and various registration codes...)

August 19, 2005 10:46:51 PM

Thanks for your reply, David. I have Rana's FS Manager, but, as you observe,
it only catalogues what you install through it. I don't have everything
installed at once as it slows the system too much, but I'd like to know what
I've done with something if I want it in the future, and to stop me possibly
downloading again. I very much appreciate your efforts though.

Rich
"David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
message news:1124476436.23065@forums.simradar.com...
> Try Rana Hossain's FlightSim Manager (on AVSIM). It won't catalogue
> what you've already got, but it will help you keep track of things
> going forward if you use it. (Which I don't do, I have to admit, for
> that. I am, though, as we speak, making another CD archive of my
> payware planes and various registration codes...)

August 21, 2005 10:14:19 PM

"Richard Hardiman" <Richard.Hardiman@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:D e59er$it2$1@nwrdmz02.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Thanks for your reply, David. I have Rana's FS Manager, but, as you
> observe, it only catalogues what you install through it. I don't have
> everything installed at once as it slows the system too much, but I'd like
> to know what I've done with something if I want it in the future, and to
> stop me possibly downloading again. I very much appreciate your efforts
> though.
>
> Rich
> "David Wilson-Okamura" <David Wilson-Okamura@forums.simradar.com> wrote in
> message news:1124476436.23065@forums.simradar.com...
>> Try Rana Hossain's FlightSim Manager (on AVSIM). It won't catalogue
>> what you've already got, but it will help you keep track of things
>> going forward if you use it. (Which I don't do, I have to admit, for
>> that. I am, though, as we speak, making another CD archive of my
>> payware planes and various registration codes...)

I use this: http://www.whereisit-soft.com/
to catalogue my FS stuff and MP3's

SteveH
!