Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dual Operating Systems.

Last response: in Mac Os X
October 1, 2012 12:22:04 AM

Hi,

I have ordered my parts for my custom build which will hopefully arrive within the next week. I also ordered a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. I intend to use this PC for many reasons such as; gaming, photoshop, app development and general use. To do app development it is best/easiest to do it on a Mac (from what ive been told).

So my question is - "If I set up a dual operating system on my new computer, what would be easier and is there a difference; to install Mac first then Windows or vice versa?"

Id also like to know what the differences there is in the different order of installation?

Thanks. (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasnt sure where to post this)

More about : dual operating systems

October 1, 2012 12:27:02 AM

sk-jb93 said:
Hi,

I have ordered my parts for my custom build which will hopefully arrive within the next week. I also ordered a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. I intend to use this PC for many reasons such as; gaming, photoshop, app development and general use. To do app development it is best/easiest to do it on a Mac (from what ive been told).

So my question is - "If I set up a dual operating system on my new computer, what would be easier and is there a difference; to install Mac first then Windows or vice versa?"

Id also like to know what the differences there is in the different order of installation?

Thanks. (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasnt sure where to post this)

Hi :) 

Firstly you realise that ONLY certain hardware will work for a Mac operating system?

Secondly as its against Apples T&Cs to install it on ANY Pc, its against Toms rules to help you, apart from your Windows 7 install...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
October 1, 2012 12:40:34 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Firstly you realise that ONLY certain hardware will work for a Mac operating system?

Secondly as its against Apples T&Cs to install it on ANY Pc, its against Toms rules to help you, apart from your Windows 7 install...

If you cant help me with installing windows on a mac, can you help me with knowing what hardware is compatible with macs?
m
l
Related resources
October 1, 2012 1:07:31 AM

sk-jb93 said:
If you cant help me with installing windows on a mac, can you help me with knowing what hardware is compatible with macs?

Sorry, no..Toms rules etc...

Google....

m
l
October 1, 2012 1:31:27 AM

sk-jb93 said:

Windows on a mac aka mac hardware -- use bootcamp.
m
l
October 1, 2012 1:32:56 AM

Oh and i lol so hard at all the people around me with macs they all have windows installed... and dont use the actual mac os.... then say macs are great!
m
l

Best solution

October 1, 2012 7:23:46 AM

Brett928S2 said:

Not true, we do not mind the discussion so long as it's for personal use.
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1137-69-osx86-hackint...
October 11, 2012 4:03:48 AM

Best answer selected by sk-jb93.
m
l
!