Solved

Dual Operating Systems.

Hi,

I have ordered my parts for my custom build which will hopefully arrive within the next week. I also ordered a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. I intend to use this PC for many reasons such as; gaming, photoshop, app development and general use. To do app development it is best/easiest to do it on a Mac (from what ive been told).

So my question is - "If I set up a dual operating system on my new computer, what would be easier and is there a difference; to install Mac first then Windows or vice versa?"

Id also like to know what the differences there is in the different order of installation?

Thanks. (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasnt sure where to post this)
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dual operating systems
  1. sk-jb93 said:
    Hi,

    I have ordered my parts for my custom build which will hopefully arrive within the next week. I also ordered a copy of Windows 7 Home Premium. I intend to use this PC for many reasons such as; gaming, photoshop, app development and general use. To do app development it is best/easiest to do it on a Mac (from what ive been told).

    So my question is - "If I set up a dual operating system on my new computer, what would be easier and is there a difference; to install Mac first then Windows or vice versa?"

    Id also like to know what the differences there is in the different order of installation?

    Thanks. (Sorry if this is in the wrong category, I wasnt sure where to post this)



    Hi :)

    Firstly you realise that ONLY certain hardware will work for a Mac operating system?

    Secondly as its against Apples T&Cs to install it on ANY Pc, its against Toms rules to help you, apart from your Windows 7 install...

    All the best Brett :)
  2. Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Firstly you realise that ONLY certain hardware will work for a Mac operating system?

    Secondly as its against Apples T&Cs to install it on ANY Pc, its against Toms rules to help you, apart from your Windows 7 install...

    All the best Brett :)



    If you cant help me with installing windows on a mac, can you help me with knowing what hardware is compatible with macs?
  3. sk-jb93 said:
    If you cant help me with installing windows on a mac, can you help me with knowing what hardware is compatible with macs?



    Hi :)

    Sorry, no..Toms rules etc...

    Google....

    All the best Brett :)
  4. Here is a website that can help you. http://www.tonymacx86.com
  5. sk-jb93 said:
    If you cant help me with installing windows on a mac, can you help me with knowing what hardware is compatible with macs?


    Windows on a mac aka mac hardware -- use bootcamp.
  6. Oh and i lol so hard at all the people around me with macs they all have windows installed... and dont use the actual mac os.... then say macs are great!
  7. Best answer
    Brett928S2 said:
    Hi :)

    Firstly you realise that ONLY certain hardware will work for a Mac operating system?

    Secondly as its against Apples T&Cs to install it on ANY Pc, its against Toms rules to help you, apart from your Windows 7 install...

    All the best Brett :)


    Not true, we do not mind the discussion so long as it's for personal use.
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/1137-69-osx86-hackintosh-thread
  8. Best answer selected by sk-jb93.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Mac OS X