Media Player will not Load / Media Player and SP2 Issues

September 20, 2004 2:48:21 PM

I have just upgraded to Service Pack 2.

Since the upgrade i have noticed that Mediaplayer does
not work. When opened media player starts by displaying a
screen that gives you the impression its about to instal
but nothing happens.

I already had WMP9 installed before i upgraded to SP2.
According to MS this appears to be a known issue but i
cannot find a fix.

Because there is nothing to install it just stays on the
screen that you get when you first install.

I have posted this before and i had one suggestion:

Load Media Player 10.

I have downloaded the 12 meg file to do this but on the
opening screen you are once again barred from accepting
the user licence meaning i cannot go any further.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

I use XP Pro and my machine ran like a dream until i
installed SP2. I have noticed a slow down in performance
since i have installed but i have yet to check for
updated drivers on my hardware.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 1:37:07 PM

I have similar problem. WMP10 was working with SP1 but not with SP2.

Frank

"Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just upgraded to Service Pack 2.
>
> Since the upgrade i have noticed that Mediaplayer does
> not work. When opened media player starts by displaying a
> screen that gives you the impression its about to instal
> but nothing happens.
>
> I already had WMP9 installed before i upgraded to SP2.
> According to MS this appears to be a known issue but i
> cannot find a fix.
>
> Because there is nothing to install it just stays on the
> screen that you get when you first install.
>
> I have posted this before and i had one suggestion:
>
> Load Media Player 10.
>
> I have downloaded the 12 meg file to do this but on the
> opening screen you are once again barred from accepting
> the user licence meaning i cannot go any further.
>
> Any help on this would be appreciated.
>
> I use XP Pro and my machine ran like a dream until i
> installed SP2. I have noticed a slow down in performance
> since i have installed but i have yet to check for
> updated drivers on my hardware.

Anonymous
September 21, 2004 1:37:08 PM

I just looked down the list of "known" Microsoft products that sp2 screws up
and didn't see MP ( 9 or 10 ).

I may understand MP 10 being at odds with sp2 because it's a post sp2
released item and there is no guarantee the MP crew made it to work with
sp2.

MP 9 should work since it's an include in sp2.

A Microsoft product screws up a Microsoft product. Ya gotta just love it!

"FrankV" <FrankV@anonymous.address> wrote in message
> I have similar problem. WMP10 was working with SP1 but not with SP2.
>
> Frank
>
> "Stephen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have just upgraded to Service Pack 2.
> >
> > Since the upgrade i have noticed that Mediaplayer does
> > not work. When opened media player starts by displaying a
> > screen that gives you the impression its about to instal
> > but nothing happens.
> >
> > I already had WMP9 installed before i upgraded to SP2.
> > According to MS this appears to be a known issue but i
> > cannot find a fix.
> >
> > Because there is nothing to install it just stays on the
> > screen that you get when you first install.
> >
> > I have posted this before and i had one suggestion:
> >
> > Load Media Player 10.
> >
> > I have downloaded the 12 meg file to do this but on the
> > opening screen you are once again barred from accepting
> > the user licence meaning i cannot go any further.
> >
> > Any help on this would be appreciated.
> >
> > I use XP Pro and my machine ran like a dream until i
> > installed SP2. I have noticed a slow down in performance
> > since i have installed but i have yet to check for
> > updated drivers on my hardware.

Anonymous
September 22, 2004 1:49:37 PM

You can't reload MP9 once you have this problem.

Frank

!