Epson R300 blocked nozzle, help/advice required

Nancy

hi all,

I have a blocked light cyan nozzle, I thought it was a faulty cartridge at first but I've tried 3 different ones with no success. Nozzle check print is fine for the rest but not a sniff of ink from the light cyan.
Can anyone offer any help or advice on how to clear the blockage?
I have a cleaning kit on order but it could take up to 7 days to deliver and I really need to print things this week. Warranty is out so Epson repair is not an option.

I have also thought about the continuous inking systems as I print rather a lot but they are rather expensive to buy and I think I could probably construct on myself, the only thing I'm struggling to source is the ribbon tubing, does anyone know of a supplier in the UK?

Many thanks in advance

Nancy.

If you are using 3rd party inks don't be so sure the problem is the
printer and not the inks. I have seen bad runs of ink come from 3rd
party vendors, for a specific color.

I can provide you with additional information for probably resolving
this matter, if you will email me privately and request the Epson
Cleaning Manual.

There is no fee, no spam involved, and the materials you need come from
your local grocery or department store.

Art

Nancy wrote:

> hi all,
>
> I have a blocked light cyan nozzle, I thought it was a faulty cartridge at first but I've tried 3 different ones with no success. Nozzle check print is fine for the rest but not a sniff of ink from the light cyan.
> Can anyone offer any help or advice on how to clear the blockage?
> I have a cleaning kit on order but it could take up to 7 days to deliver and I really need to print things this week. Warranty is out so Epson repair is not an option.
>
> I have also thought about the continuous inking systems as I print rather a lot but they are rather expensive to buy and I think I could probably construct on myself, the only thing I'm struggling to source is the ribbon tubing, does anyone know of a supplier in the UK?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Nancy.

hi,
Repalce your cyan ink with cleaning solvent or water first, then wait
for a few hours with your cartridge intalled in your priner. print
some photoes with a lot of cyan color.

good luck

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

This is not the easiest thing to do on an R300, due the the type of tank
used. Seems Epson went out of the way to make refilling tanks difficult, and
as a result, You may need a rubber ear syringe to force solution thru the
nozzles. Or to pull it thru.

<syliuhui@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hi,
> Repalce your cyan ink with cleaning solvent or water first, then wait
> for a few hours with your cartridge intalled in your priner. print
> some photoes with a lot of cyan color.
>
> good luck

> You may need a rubber ear syringe to force solution thru the
> nozzles. Or to pull it thru.

But be a gently,don't force too much,you can destroy printing head with too
much pressure

kmb

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Had a similar prob with a blocked epson C 45 nozzle. Flushed it gently with hot water(about 1 ml) using a syringe. Then dry the printer with a few runs of paper.
Worked well for me. Good luck.