Change network printer IP address

We had a network consisting of 3 PCs and 1 network printer (Nashuatec
D420, using Ricoh Aficio 200/250 drivers) in the 195.195.195.x IP
address range. After installing broadband I had to set the IP
addresses to be dynamically obtained by DHCP (in range 192.168.1.2 -
192.168.1.253). The printer does not have the ability to change the
IP address via it's control panel.

I know the printer's MAC address and tried to assign an IP address
,192.168.1.x, using arp and pinged it afterwards, without success.
Does anyone know how to change a printer's network address in Windows
XP Home Edition?

Thanks!

> I know the printer's MAC address and tried to assign an IP address
> ,192.168.1.x, using arp and pinged it afterwards, without success.
> Does anyone know how to change a printer's network address in Windows
> XP Home Edition?

There is no 'standard' way of doing this - it varies from printer to
printer.
If it's control panel doesn't give you networking options then there must be
some other way of being able to change such settings. Try telneting into it
or pointing a web browser to its ip address.

Michael

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:17:58 -0500, Loom wrote:

> I know the printer's MAC address and tried to assign an IP address
> ,192.168.1.x, using arp and pinged it afterwards, without success.
> Does anyone know how to change a printer's network address in Windows
> XP Home Edition?

You could try using telnet to see if it has an onboard telnet server
config interface.

eg telnet ipaddress

--
Dave
Lost. Unique sig line. Reward offered.

"Loom" <johanoosthuysen@yahoo-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> We had a network consisting of 3 PCs and 1 network printer (Nashuatec
> D420, using Ricoh Aficio 200/250 drivers) in the 195.195.195.x IP
> address range. After installing broadband I had to set the IP
> addresses to be dynamically obtained by DHCP (in range 192.168.1.2 -
> 192.168.1.253). The printer does not have the ability to change the
> IP address via it's control panel.
>
> I know the printer's MAC address and tried to assign an IP address
> ,192.168.1.x, using arp and pinged it afterwards, without success.
> Does anyone know how to change a printer's network address in Windows
> XP Home Edition?
>
> Thanks!

Typically a network printer can be set to get its IP address from a DHCP
server. I guess yours cannot.

Here's what you need to do:
Change your DHCP scope to 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.249
we'll reserve 192.168.1.250 for your copier/printer

Telnet into your copier/printer
At a command prompt enter the following command:
telnet 195.195.195.x
Substitute x with the proper value

You should see something like the following:
Welcome to XXXXXX-X

Enter username, or HELP

Enter su
At the Server prompt, enter su again
at the password prompt enter system

"system" is default super user password which does not echo back

Server

to define Subnet Mask enter:
serverdefine subnet 255.255.255.0

to define ip:
serverdefine ip 192.168.1.250

to verify:
servershow server config port 1

to logout:
serverlogout

neelesh01

Distinguished
May 12, 2009
already confiner Network IP in and port in printer but i need change the other IP how do it
plz send the step change ip in network printer

imamquest

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
hi

no need to change the network printer ip

your network ip is 195.195.195.x

remain it same.

you do onething go to the modem of broadband connection and change the dafault ip adress 192.168.1.1
to 195.195.195.1

try it.

danielbradeanu

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2010
arp -s 195.195.195.x xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

just that simple. for more info type arp /? at command prompt.

the MAC address of your printer is printed on a label beside NIC connector.

good luck

respectfully your, daniel