New Graphics card dont know what to choose for my birthday!

Hi i want to buy a new graphics card for my birthday but I dont know what one get. My pc is a Advent 3519.

3.4 GHZ H-T
1024MB RAM PC2700 <- I might upgrade to 2048MB
250GB HDD
16x DVD, DVD-RW DUAL

My current graphics card is a Geforce FX5700 256MB. The graphics cards compatible with my motherboard are:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/listparts.asp?model=3519&tabid=GC

Maybe the X800 GTO AGP 256MB or X1600 PRO AGP 512MB

I would be grateful if you could get back to me as fast as you could

Thank you so much

Richard
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics card dont choose birthday
  1. X800GTO FTW! It should be the best out of that group. The 512MB won't help the X1600Pro that much anyway...
  2. OK thanks i did buy a Club 3D Nvidia Geforce 6600 AGP 256MB for £68 off ebay but it wasn't compatible with my motherboard but you learn from your mistakes!
  3. Im with the X800GTO and also get another 1Gb to have a total of 2Gb of ramage for better gaming performance.
  4. 2 gb of memory is only helpfun in a very small number of games, do your research first before you go buy another gig of ram just to play half-life 2.....

oblivion and BF2 are the only games that I know that actually can use the extra gig.
  5. If you go with a Sapphire AGP X800GTO you would likely be able to unlock 4 pixel pipelines in it for a total of 16, if you are intereseted in that kind of thing.

I have one of the Sapphire cards unlocked and I am pretty pleased with it. It isn't the fastest card available but it didn't break the pocket book like they do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Compatibility Motherboards Graphics