VPN with Group Auithentication

November 10, 2004 4:28:07 PM

Hi:

I need to use a group username and password in order to make a VPN
connection.

Is this possible with WM2003 on Pocket pc? Is there any tricks around this?

I would like to avoid buying more software.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Anonymous
November 10, 2004 5:29:42 PM

It can't be done without third party software like movian vpn which as of
october is discontinued. Checkpoint makes a pocket pc client but it only
works with checkpoint firewalls/vpn

rights...

"Vinny" <bennettsc@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I need to use a group username and password in order to make a VPN
> connection.
>
> Is this possible with WM2003 on Pocket pc? Is there any tricks around
> this?
>
> I would like to avoid buying more software.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

Anonymous
November 11, 2004 2:49:29 AM

Vinny wrote:
> Hi:
>
> I need to use a group username and password in order to make a VPN
> connection.
>
> Is this possible with WM2003 on Pocket pc? Is there any tricks around this?
>
> I would like to avoid buying more software.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.

WM2003 supports PPTP and L2PT VPN .

When using a Checkpoint NG firewall with VPN you could consider using
the special client software or configure L2PT. The last solution is
preferable in WM2003 point of view.
!