What Cannon printer to buy ???

I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
aussie dollars is my limit.

I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)

Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.

Thanks.

IP4000 is the best for the money. Dual paper feeds, duplex printing, all
great for business documents and is fantastic for photos.

Plasma BOY wrote:

>I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
>aussie dollars is my limit.
>
>I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
>Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)
>

>Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.
>
>Thanks.

Douglas

Like always,measekite replies without reading! The ip4000 is a very nice
printer,but it is A4 not A3! The only Canon,I know of that is A3 is the
9900.I don't know if you can buy one for $500 Aussie though!

> IP4000 is the best for the money. Dual paper feeds, duplex printing, all
> great for business documents and is fantastic for photos.
>
> Plasma BOY wrote:
>
>>I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
>>aussie dollars is my limit.
>>I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
>>Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)
>>

>>Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.
>>
>>Thanks.

In the USA we only use standard sizes. ;-)

"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message

> I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
> aussie dollars is my limit.
>
> I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
> Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)
>

> Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.
>
> Thanks.

Why Canon? I like the IP4000 myself, but if you're looking for A3 I wouldn't
limit yourself to one brand.

As someone has already said, you won't get an A3 printer for anything like
that price.

The best A3 printer on the market (consumer level) is the Epson Stylus
Photo 2100 printer, but it's more like A$1000. Prints from this use Pigment
based ink and will last as long as lab prints (Unlike dye based prints like
Canon that will fade pretty quickly in light)

You could also look at the EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1290 (A$799) or HP DESKJET

In article Plasma BOY says...

> I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
> aussie dollars is my limit.
>
> I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
> Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)
>

> Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.
>
> Thanks.

AU$500 will only buy an obsolete or sec hand A3 printer. The current
Canon i9950 A3 is around $850.

The Cannon i6100 does a3 and seems to be arround my price range :)

And i can get it under 500 aussie dollars. What am i missing with this
printer. Seems to be decet but ill get some other opinions.

Thanks.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:50:53 +1100, "Caitlin"
<caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> I want a new printer, I don't want to speed thousands on it. 500
>> aussie dollars is my limit.
>>
>> I would like to print some photos and they be good wuality. i like the
>> Idea of A3 printing as well as long as its realy A3 :)
>>

>> Just need some help as their are alot of Cannon printers now.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

>Why Canon? I like the IP4000 myself, but if you're looking for A3 I wouldn't
>limit yourself to one brand.
>
>As someone has already said, you won't get an A3 printer for anything like
>that price.
>
>The best A3 printer on the market (consumer level) is the Epson Stylus
>Photo 2100 printer, but it's more like A$1000. Prints from this use Pigment
>based ink and will last as long as lab prints (Unlike dye based prints like
>Canon that will fade pretty quickly in light)
>
>You could also look at the EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1290 (A$799) or HP DESKJET
>9650

Then again it does not print to CD/dvd discs :(. Something i would
like !!!!

Plasma BOY <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:<i2hs21181uds4l9hoe217ntl17amndvj8e@4ax.com>...
> Then again it does not print to CD/dvd discs :(. Something i would
> like !!!!
>

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:28:24 +1100, Plasma BOY <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk>
> wrote:
>

> >The Cannon i6100 does a3 and seems to be arround my price range :)
> >
> >And i can get it under 500 aussie dollars. What am i missing with this
> >printer. Seems to be decet but ill get some other opinions.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> >On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:50:53 +1100, "Caitlin"
> ><caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message

> >>Why Canon? I like the IP4000 myself, but if you're looking for A3 I wouldn't
> >>limit yourself to one brand.
> >>
> >>As someone has already said, you won't get an A3 printer for anything like
> >>that price.
> >>
> >>The best A3 printer on the market (consumer level) is the Epson Stylus
> >>Photo 2100 printer, but it's more like A$1000. Prints from this use Pigment
> >>based ink and will last as long as lab prints (Unlike dye based prints like
> >>Canon that will fade pretty quickly in light)
> >>
> >>You could also look at the EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1290 (A$799) or HP DESKJET
> >>9650

Here is a link to PC Magazines review for Canon's MP780
It is an all-in-one but their review made me interested enought to go
have a look. I bought it at Office Depot and they did a couple of
photos for me. Wow! Blew me away. So I bought it. I can't give you
any personal info as I just got it 2 days ago and haven't had time to
even set it up yet. Probably won't until the weekend.

I bought it for $450 in Canada, would be cheaper in the US and have no
idea at all how that compares in your money.

In article <i2hs21181uds4l9hoe217ntl17amndvj8e@4ax.com>,
Plasma BOY <Plasma Boy> wrote:

>Then again it does not print to CD/dvd discs :(. Something i would
>like !!!!

I can buy a tiny special-purpose CD printer to write labels on my
disks for under a hundred busks (US). Picking a photorealistic
printer that meets all my criteria is hard enough without adding a CD
labeler to the mix.

--

a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part but I know what you mean. I
definitely wanted an all-in-one that had a fax as part of it and I had
a heck of a time finding one. Good luck.

Plasma BOY <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message news:<i2hs21181uds4l9hoe217ntl17amndvj8e@4ax.com>...
> Then again it does not print to CD/dvd discs :(. Something i would
> like !!!!
>

> On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:28:24 +1100, Plasma BOY <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk>
> wrote:
>

> >The Cannon i6100 does a3 and seems to be arround my price range :)
> >
> >And i can get it under 500 aussie dollars. What am i missing with this
> >printer. Seems to be decet but ill get some other opinions.
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> >On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 07:50:53 +1100, "Caitlin"
> ><caitlin_online_spamtrap@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >>"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message

> >>Why Canon? I like the IP4000 myself, but if you're looking for A3 I wouldn't
> >>limit yourself to one brand.
> >>
> >>As someone has already said, you won't get an A3 printer for anything like
> >>that price.
> >>
> >>The best A3 printer on the market (consumer level) is the Epson Stylus
> >>Photo 2100 printer, but it's more like A$1000. Prints from this use Pigment
> >>based ink and will last as long as lab prints (Unlike dye based prints like
> >>Canon that will fade pretty quickly in light)
> >>
> >>You could also look at the EPSON STYLUS PHOTO 1290 (A$799) or HP DESKJET
> >>9650

Yeah might go that route myself. Though i don't realy need to use the
cd printing much. I would just like it as an option when i wish to do
so :(