Will I have problems with this Power Supply if I go ASUS?

GhostX

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005
I have been reading that some ASUS boards reject some power supplies. I found a real nice one on newegg that I think I might score for a rig I am building.

Do you guys think my Asus A8N-SLI Premium board will have a hiccup with it? Fortron is a quality brand right? I am getting back into the scene and want to be sure I am using quality parts. Its a 650W PSU because eventually I will go SLI etc.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000320000+50001919+1131414178&Submit=ENE&Manufactory=1919&Ntk=all

I stand by my recommendation, however Mesa is right... Asus would know best.

However, if you aren't going to get the other card for SLI within 90 days of getting the first one, don't bother. The next card will be out and it alone will probably beat your 2 in SLI. If you change your mind and decide against SLI, the Aerocool Zerodba 500W would be suitable

oldsaw

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2006
I've got that combination, and the only hiccups are mine, and they for entirely unrelated reasons. The fan on that Fortron doesn't make much more noise than that of the motherboard, which, as you know, doesn't even exist.
Apropos that Fortron: That power supply carries a lot of cabling so you will need to manage it with more than a few cable ties to keep it all neatly and rationally routed within your case.

GhostX

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2005
Awesome.. thanks for the info Slaw.

I am more doing it as a project.. I did water cooling back in 93 because it was fun and new.. SLI is the same crap.. i just want a project I can tweak and play with.

TRENDING THREADS