Arizona Sunsets

Last response: in Video Games
August 20, 2005 12:13:32 PM

Hi all,

Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought the
sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I am
totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would need
to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter McLeland
used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site. Some of
you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I remember them
from then.

Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.

Regards,

Mr. Steve

More about : arizona sunsets

Anonymous
August 20, 2005 2:30:46 PM

Can you post them as bitmaps the way fscreen saves them or do you have to
convert them to something else?

Mr. Steve

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought the
> sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I am
> totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
> remember them from then.
>
> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mr. Steve

August 20, 2005 3:33:22 PM

Mr. Steve wrote:
> folks. I am totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't
> have what I would need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it
> at this time.

If your ISP doesn't give you space on their server, go to something like
Photobucket.com and it's fairly easy to get up and running - and FREE..
d:->))
Related resources
August 20, 2005 5:00:52 PM

Someone posted this link last week. Haven't tried it yet. Post your images
here and we can all see them.
http://xs.to/

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought the
> sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I am
> totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
> remember them from then.
>
> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mr. Steve

August 20, 2005 5:15:48 PM

Mr. Steve wrote:
> Can you post them as bitmaps the way fscreen saves them or do you
> have to convert them to something else?

Most want .jpg since bitmaps are usually huge in comparison....
August 21, 2005 4:56:10 AM

CRaSH wrote:
> Mr. Steve wrote:
>
>>Can you post them as bitmaps the way fscreen saves them or do you
>>have to convert them to something else?
>>

> Most want .jpg since bitmaps are usually huge in comparison....

Is there a simple converter out there? Something that would be easy and
quick to learn?

I just tried the *paint* program that is a default program of Windows
and it seems easy to use and it does change image types. (XP Home) Load
up the BMP image into Paint, select *Save As* and scroll to the JPG line
and save.

--

boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
August 21, 2005 11:56:48 AM

Testing to see if this works.

http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve
"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought the
> sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I am
> totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
> remember them from then.
>
> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mr. Steve

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 11:58:11 AM

Nope.

> Testing to see if this works.
>
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
>> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
>> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
>> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought
>> the sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I
>> am totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
>> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
>> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
>> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
>> remember them from then.
>>
>> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mr. Steve

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:03:39 PM

Trying again

http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots/index.h...

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Testing to see if this works.
>
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
>> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
>> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
>> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought
>> the sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I
>> am totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
>> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
>> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
>> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
>> remember them from then.
>>
>> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Mr. Steve

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:05:06 PM

Nope.

> Trying again
>
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots/index.h...
>
> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Testing to see if this works.
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve
>> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
>>> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
>>> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
>>> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought
>>> the sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I
>>> am totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I
>>> would need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time.
>>> Peter McLeland used to do this all the time from the old
>>> simflight.fs2004 site. Some of you may remember them, like Katy and
>>> Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I remember them from then.
>>>
>>> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Mr. Steve

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:36:14 PM

There is a great image collection and alteration program now called Picasa2,
which will do most of the things you would wish to do with your digital
photos and screenshots, from album making, finding and converting to
different file types etc etc. It is free from,

http://picasa.google.com/download/

Sincerely Quilljar

'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:36:15 PM

Thanks. I spent quite a bit of time trying to get something set up
yesterday. I now have a webpage with my ISP but have not figured out how to
make a page and publish it to the site yet. I will give this a try. Again
thanks.

Mr. Steve

news:D e9edu$rpl$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> There is a great image collection and alteration program now called
> Picasa2, which will do most of the things you would wish to do with your
> digital photos and screenshots, from album making, finding and converting
> to different file types etc etc. It is free from,
>
> http://picasa.google.com/download/
>
> Sincerely Quilljar
>
> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 12:36:15 PM

It worked. Got a page made. Now all I have to figure out is getting it on
my Webspace and my ISP.

Here goes.

Mr. Steve

news:D e9edu$rpl$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> There is a great image collection and alteration program now called
> Picasa2, which will do most of the things you would wish to do with your
> digital photos and screenshots, from album making, finding and converting
> to different file types etc etc. It is free from,
>
> http://picasa.google.com/download/
>
> Sincerely Quilljar
>
> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

August 21, 2005 3:46:05 PM

hello Steve.. it appears you're almost there. Have you uploaded a file
`index.html' to your webspace? The index htm generally goes in the
root directory.

http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/index.html

or

http://members.cox.net/surveyorstev/

and the Index.html will be involved by default.

here's a basic form for index.html

><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
><head>
>
><title>*** Your Title Here ***</title>
></head>

content of webpage

Then the screenshots can be placed in:
http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots

An easy way to transfer files.. download the Freeware WS_FTP
http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find LE version 5.08. When
installing check `for personal non-profit use' and you're good to go.
Use BINARY transfer mode for JPG files.. and ASCII mode for transfer
of HTM files. Hope to see kewl screenshots soon.

-Gregory

------------------
On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:05:06 -0700, "Mr. Steve"
<surveyorsteve@cox.net> brought the following to our attention:

>Nope.
>
>"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Trying again
>>
>> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots/index.h...
>>
>> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Testing to see if this works.
>>>
>>> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve
>>> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:46:06 PM

Thank you. I will try it when I get back. ATC is calling. Gotta go help
get groceries. :)

Mr. Steve

"Gregory" <flightsim.maps@bkwds.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o e7hg1dmrs21eacml89bq6c8db5c28c4ca@4ax.com...

> hello Steve.. it appears you're almost there. Have you uploaded a file
> `index.html' to your webspace? The index htm generally goes in the
> root directory.
>
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/index.html
>
> or
>
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorstev/
>

> and the Index.html will be involved by default.
>
> here's a basic form for index.html
>
>><!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>><head>
>>
>><title>*** Your Title Here ***</title>
>></head>
>
> content of webpage

> Then the screenshots can be placed in:
> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots
>

> An easy way to transfer files.. download the Freeware WS_FTP
> http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm
>

> Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find LE version 5.08. When
> installing check `for personal non-profit use' and you're good to go.
> Use BINARY transfer mode for JPG files.. and ASCII mode for transfer
> of HTM files. Hope to see kewl screenshots soon.
>
> -Gregory
>
> ------------------
> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 08:05:06 -0700, "Mr. Steve"
> <surveyorsteve@cox.net> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>Nope.
>>
>>"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> Trying again
>>>
>>> http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/Screeshots/index.h...
>>>
>>> "Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message

August 21, 2005 3:48:41 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 07:40:04 -0700, "Mr. Steve"
<surveyorsteve@cox.net> brought the following to our attention:

>It worked. Got a page made. Now all I have to figure out is getting it on
>my Webspace and my ISP.
>
>Here goes.
>
>Mr. Steve

An easy way to transfer files to your webspace.. download the Freeware
WS_FTP: http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page (link above) and find LE version
5.08. When installing check `for personal non-profit use' and you're
good to go. Use BINARY transfer mode for JPG files.. and ASCII mode
for transfer of HTM files. Hope to see kewl screenshots soon.

-Gregory

>"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>
>> There is a great image collection and alteration program now called
>> Picasa2, which will do most of the things you would wish to do with your
>> digital photos and screenshots, from album making, finding and converting
>> to different file types etc etc. It is free from,
>>
>> http://picasa.google.com/download/
>>
>> Sincerely Quilljar
>>
>> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:48:42 PM

It now appears to be a problem with my ISP. This is getting frustrating if
you know what I mean. If you click on the link I gave you it gives Page not
found and now I can't even get my webpage to recognize itself. Dangit.

> On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 07:40:04 -0700, "Mr. Steve"
> <surveyorsteve@cox.net> brought the following to our attention:
>
>>It worked. Got a page made. Now all I have to figure out is getting it
>>on
>>my Webspace and my ISP.
>>
>>Here goes.
>>
>>Mr. Steve
>
> An easy way to transfer files to your webspace.. download the Freeware
> WS_FTP: http://www.csra.net/junodj/ws_ftp32.htm
>
> Scroll down to the bottom of the page (link above) and find LE version
> 5.08. When installing check `for personal non-profit use' and you're
> good to go. Use BINARY transfer mode for JPG files.. and ASCII mode
> for transfer of HTM files. Hope to see kewl screenshots soon.
>
> -Gregory
>

>>"Quilljar" <wykehill-flightsim@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>> There is a great image collection and alteration program now called
>>> Picasa2, which will do most of the things you would wish to do with your
>>> digital photos and screenshots, from album making, finding and
>>> converting
>>> to different file types etc etc. It is free from,
>>>
>>> http://picasa.google.com/download/
>>>
>>> Sincerely Quilljar
>>>
>>> 'Fly Navy, sail Air Force and shoot Pongoes'

Anonymous
August 21, 2005 5:31:45 PM

Test one more time.

http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/screenshots/index....

"Mr. Steve" <surveyorsteve@cox.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone willing to let me email them a few screenshots of my flight last
> night? I left Safford (KSAD) on an approximate heading of 290. After
> passing a couple mountains, you see a lake in the distance. It is San
> Carlos Lake, a few miles southeast of Globe, Arizona (P13). I thought the
> sunset was impressive and would like to share it with you folks. I am
> totally unaware of how to do this and probably don't have what I would
> need to do it nor do I have much time to learn it at this time. Peter
> McLeland used to do this all the time from the old simflight.fs2004 site.
> Some of you may remember them, like Katy and Melissa (Lawn Dart) as I
> remember them from then.
>
> Anyway, I surely would appreciate your help.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mr. Steve

August 21, 2005 8:38:00 PM

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 13:31:45 -0700, "Mr. Steve"
<surveyorsteve@cox.net> brought the following to our attention:

>Test one more time.
>
>http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/screenshots/index....

It WORKS!!

note index.html is invoked by default.. so the following URL
http://members.cox.net/surveyorsteve/screenshots/

does the same thing..

-g

!