New Motherboard

sacoops

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Hi. I have a crappy Microstar motherboard that came with my pc. I have a pentium 4 560 with DDR RAM and PCI-E graphics card. I want to start looking into buying a new motherboard for my system. Is it a lot better to have DDR2 slots atm? As you can guess i don't really know much about motherboard! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hi. I have a crappy Microstar motherboard that came with my pc. I have a pentium 4 560 with DDR RAM and PCI-E graphics card. I want to start looking into buying a new motherboard for my system. Is it a lot better to have DDR2 slots atm? As you can guess i don't really know much about motherboard! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes, P4's are bandwidth starved... the higher the RAM speed, the better.

If you really don't want to buy new RAM, or can't afford it, then don't

worry too much about it.

linux_0

Splendid

Yes, P4's are bandwidth starved... the higher the RAM speed, the better.

If you really don't want to buy new RAM, or can't afford it, then don't

worry too much about it.

Indeed :-D

The best DDR platform is AMD's S939 it gets the most out of DDR.

You could keep what you have and just buy the best motherboard you can get that will work with your existing hardware or sell your existing system and upgrade to S939+DDR or AM2+DDR2 or 775+DDR2 or just don't worry about it.

TRENDING THREADS