Xbox games on PC

LeParesseux

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
Hello!
Well i don`t know much about programming but i was wandering - why people try to make emulator for xbox witch run in win (or linux) only the fact that the emulator is running on opretetion system slows down the performance, and may be even makes emulation level harder. Is it possible somehow to instal the Xbox opereting system on a PC with some modifications (witch would be illigal) or to create a tottaly new operating system - i guess it shouldn`t be very complicated - it have to run ONLY games. May be for a start it could run only on specific systems with combination of intel cpu with nVidia video card or intel cpu with ati video card or amd cpu and nVidia.... etc.
O! And one other thing - IF IT works would it work a lot slawer or a lot faster? The xbox hardware is not as fast as the PC`s but the programs are optimised (i think :( )
But since xbox is running on some sort of windows (and can run on linux too) the hole idea doesn`t seems too crazy.

P.S. i`m sorry for may english - it`s not my primary language :(

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
People try to make emulators pure and simpley because they can, and you can improve the graphics with an emulator (AA and AF) but having just one system also makes things alot easier(no switching back and forth from Xbox to PC), and do you want to pay 3000 for a nice new t.v. so your xbox games can look a tiny bit better? hell no. And about the Operating system i doubt it will run on a PC because it would probably be made to run on just the celeron 733 and the nvidia GF4(its something like it) that come on it. And i doubtr making a good operating system for a PC to emulate what the xbox can do will be easy, plus for peace of mind and for the noobs youd need a graphical interface, but if you do make one Good Luck. No guts No Glory!

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe (Nvidia Nforce 2)
AMD AthlonXP 2500 at 3200 (stock voltage)40c Load
Leadtek Nvidia 6800LE 12p,6v 550/700
Antec TruePower 400 watt ps
1x256 Meg Corsair ValueRam 2.5,3,3,7

LeParesseux

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
I think it`s the same thing as drivers and direct x - you have a game you run it on win - you can run it on nvidia or on ati video - right? These two videos are complitly (well not complitly) different but the driver and the direct x make the game run the same on the both videos. The two videos look the same to the game - the first could have 128 ram - the second 32 - but the game run - the game do not acces itself to the computer resurses - it use the OP sys the direct x, the driver. The same thing is with CPUs, sound cards etc. May be the drivers in the xbox operating system are optimised or even there are no drivers cuz the games run on the same system. But with good drivers it should work if you ask me.

tenaciousleydead

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2004
Are you talking about the emulator or the operating system? of course you can build something that works on both ati or nvidia, i really dont know what your getting at here. but yes it is possible if you have time and a good crew.

Asus A7N8X-Deluxe (Nvidia Nforce 2)
AMD AthlonXP 2500 at 3200 (stock voltage)40c Load
Leadtek Nvidia 6800LE 12p,6v 550/700
Antec TruePower 400 watt ps
1x256 Meg Corsair ValueRam 2.5,3,3,7