NOKIA Cark Kit Privacy Handset.

I tried posting this on alt.cellular.nokia but got no responses. Any of you
Cingular folks out there know the answer or can tell me what is going on?

I recently changed phones and my CARK-91US's are coming out of my 2 cars.
When shopping for new car kits, I noticed that no Nokia car kits sold in the
US have the optional HSU-1 handset available anymore. They are still sold
with the CARK-91H, which I believe is the European model. What's the deal???
Big lawsuit filed?

--
MICHAEL J. MacMAHON
Captain (ret.) KCPD

Remember, Golf is not a matter of Life or Death;
it is MUCH more important than that.

NOTE: All outgoing mail is scanned by McAfee Virus Scan for your safety.

In article <TjH9d.512800$OB3.27424@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>,
maccop@worldnet.att.net says...
> I tried posting this on alt.cellular.nokia but got no responses. Any of you
> Cingular folks out there know the answer or can tell me what is going on?
>
> I recently changed phones and my CARK-91US's are coming out of my 2 cars.
> When shopping for new car kits, I noticed that no Nokia car kits sold in the
> US have the optional HSU-1 handset available anymore. They are still sold
> with the CARK-91H, which I believe is the European model. What's the deal???
> Big lawsuit filed?

The CARK-91H is simply the CARK-91US with the HSU-1 handset included in
the box--that's the only difference. Nothing European about it. Just
bought my second one not 3 months ago--locally--for the motorhome.
Works fine for Nokia 6340i GAIT phone.

I think the CARK-91 was the only Nokia car kit that's EVER had a handset
option. When the "cooler" styles started coming out the handset was
dropped. The user manual for the CK-7W is online--no handset port.
Couldn't tell about the CK-3 or CK-1W but bet it's gone for good.

Personally I will continue to use the handset over the speakerphone as
long as it's legal to do so--I hate sounding like a "chipmonk-in-a-
barrel" to callers :) and I have yet to hear a car handsfree kit that
sounded any other way. You'd think with handsfree laws appearing here
and there the mfgs would be working on making handsfree kits sound as
good as modern full-duplex office speakerphones--certainly possible with
active noise-cancellation circuits--but I see no sign of it.
--
Jud
Dallas TX USA

> I noticed that no Nokia car kits sold in the
>US have the optional HSU-1 handset available anymore. They are still sold
>with the CARK-91H, which I believe is the European model. What's the deal???

I just bought a CARK-91H (with the handset) no problem! I am in Louisiana for
this purchase.

--
John S.