Getting around an HP nag

Wife has an Epson CX6400 with compatible cartridges installed. Every time
she prints she gets a warning that she hasn't got genuine cartridges
installed. Very tedious.

I also print to that machine via my LAN, but don't get the warning. Much
nicer.

So does anyone know a way to get rid of the warning on her machine as
clearly it can be done?

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about getting

    In message <MMadnSWsaaZktLPfRVnysA@pipex.net>, Steve O
    <steve@steveolive.co.uk> writes
    >Wife has an Epson CX6400 with compatible cartridges installed. Every time
    >she prints she gets a warning that she hasn't got genuine cartridges
    >installed. Very tedious.
    >
    >I also print to that machine via my LAN, but don't get the warning. Much
    >nicer.
    >
    >So does anyone know a way to get rid of the warning on her machine as
    >clearly it can be done?

    Can she set up a printer that sees it as a network rather than a local
    device ?

    Cheers, J/.
    --
    John Beardmore

    Steve O <steve@steveolive.co.uk> wrote:
    > Wife has an Epson CX6400 with compatible cartridges installed. Every time
    > she prints she gets a warning that she hasn't got genuine cartridges
    > installed. Very tedious.
    >
    > I also print to that machine via my LAN, but don't get the warning. Much
    > nicer.
    >
    > So does anyone know a way to get rid of the warning on her machine as
    > clearly it can be done?

    Not an answer I'm afraid but why is the subject "... an HP nag" and
    the actual question about an Epson printer? If anyone with an Epson
    printer does happen to know the answer they probably will have ignored
    the question.

    --
    Chris Green

Printers Hewlett Packard Compatibility Peripherals