Need a new printer any suggestions, My Specs below :)

It must do A3 and print to DVD/cd and be a good photo print. And also
have cheap ink catridges like the Canon printers.

Would have got the Canon I6100 but it don't print to CD/DVD :( WHY
CANON WHY :p

Now Canon have make it hard for me. Can you help me :)

No Brand is Taboo with me. Ill get some feedback on any one you
recomend.

Thanks.

The Epson Stylus Photo R200 can print on A3 size paper and on CD's. It goes
for about $100 and is a six cartridge printer. Each individual cartridge
costs about $10 to $15.

"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message

> It must do A3 and print to DVD/cd and be a good photo print. And also
> have cheap ink catridges like the Canon printers.
>

> Would have got the Canon I6100 but it don't print to CD/DVD :( WHY
> CANON WHY :p
>
> Now Canon have make it hard for me. Can you help me :)
>
> No Brand is Taboo with me. Ill get some feedback on any one you
> recomend.
>
> Thanks.

zakezuke

> Are the catrisges chiped and can you fill them yourself ?

Not that you will be buying this printer as others have pointed out
it's an a4.

The carts are chipped. You can easily find after market carts for
both canon and epson that have rubber stoppers and are designed to be
easier to refill. The epson variety can either be equipped with always
full chips, always resetting after a certain percent, or it may require
removal or manual resetting. There are also continuous flow systems
for both printers that are nice if you are not happy with cl sized
inktanks.

Stevem

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2004

Erm??? The R200 is an A4 printer... Can't comment on cartridge prices,
since I'm in the UK.
Wait for the R1800 (Pigment inks, etc., but costs a lot more!)

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:01:43 -0800, "Kevin" <webman6@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>The Epson Stylus Photo R200 can print on A3 size paper and on CD's. It goes
>for about $100 and is a six cartridge printer. Each individual cartridge
>costs about $10 to $15.
>
>"Plasma BOY" <PlasmaBoy@1.com.uk> wrote in message
>>

>> It must do A3 and print to DVD/cd and be a good photo print. And also
>> have cheap ink catridges like the Canon printers.
>>

>> Would have got the Canon I6100 but it don't print to CD/DVD :( WHY
>> CANON WHY :p
>>
>> Now Canon have make it hard for me. Can you help me :)
>>
>> No Brand is Taboo with me. Ill get some feedback on any one you
>> recomend.
>>
>> Thanks.

In article Kevin says...

> The Epson Stylus Photo R200 can print on A3 size paper and on CD's.

The R200 is an A4 printer

In article Plasma BOY says...
> Would have got the Canon I6100 but it don't print to CD/DVD :( WHY
> CANON WHY :p

Don't think the i6100 is intended as a photo printer, more general
business.

Print speeds up to 12ppm in black and white
2400x1200 dpi print resolution
High definition 5 picolitre ink drops
Individual ink tanks to save you money
Up to A3+ size printing - 329x483mm
Photo management software suite included

The i6100 offers affordable, versatile A3+ printing with the paper
handling capability to cover a variety of printing needs. With print
speeds up to 12 A4 ppm for documents, through to high-quality A3+
photo prints the i6100 delivers impressive speed and media handling
flexibility at an affordable price.

2400X1200 is decent for a pho printer and 5 picolitre. Whats no a
photo printer and you can print it a3 :)