Problem with Epson Printer

I have a 2 year old Epson CX 5200 Printer/Copier. I leave it permanently in
the "on" position although I use it only once every week or so.

Today I tried to print a photo but it showed only a faint outline of the
photo. I ran the self-cleaning mechanism three times. Now it produces images
now but they are full of horizontal streaks, both in color and in black and
white. I put in all new cartridges. No luck.

What might be the problem? Anything I can fix easily ? I have a 3 year
extended warranty. Should I take it in to Fry's?
--

Walter
The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net

On 9-Mar-2005, "Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote:

> What might be the problem? Anything I can fix easily ? I have a 3 year
> extended warranty. Should I take it in to Fry's?

3 years extended warranty - very wise. Could cost you a
fortune in ink, plus frustration and wasted time trying,
perhaps unsuccessfully, to fix it.

It might focus Epsons mind if everybody took out a 3 year
no quibble replacement warranty. I doubt if the major
sellers pick up the tab, their purchasing power probably
means that Epson picks up the tab for returns under
their universal warranty.

It is up to you as to if you wish to take advantage of your warranty.
If you choose to do the fix at home, email me privately and request the
Epson Cleaning Manual, and mention which printer you have.

The manual is free, and no spam from me. The technique involves using
regular household materials. It will be sent to you via email.

Art

Walter R. wrote:

> I have a 2 year old Epson CX 5200 Printer/Copier. I leave it permanently in
> the "on" position although I use it only once every week or so.
>
> Today I tried to print a photo but it showed only a faint outline of the
> photo. I ran the self-cleaning mechanism three times. Now it produces images
> now but they are full of horizontal streaks, both in color and in black and
> white. I put in all new cartridges. No luck.
>
> What might be the problem? Anything I can fix easily ? I have a 3 year
> extended warranty. Should I take it in to Fry's?

Yea, right. But Fry's "extended warranty" considers printing heads
"consumables" that are not covered by the warranty (just like ink or
toners). What a rip-off. Can't win.

<ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On 9-Mar-2005, "Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote:
>
>> What might be the problem? Anything I can fix easily ? I have a 3 year
>> extended warranty. Should I take it in to Fry's?
>
> 3 years extended warranty - very wise. Could cost you a
> fortune in ink, plus frustration and wasted time trying,
> perhaps unsuccessfully, to fix it.
>
> It might focus Epsons mind if everybody took out a 3 year
> no quibble replacement warranty. I doubt if the major
> sellers pick up the tab, their purchasing power probably
> means that Epson picks up the tab for returns under
> their universal warranty.

I do wonder if they use the same criterion for Epson inkjet printers as
for other which truly have disposable or consumable heads?

Art

Walter R. wrote:

> Yea, right. But Fry's "extended warranty" considers printing heads
> "consumables" that are not covered by the warranty (just like ink or
> toners). What a rip-off. Can't win.
>
> Walter
> The Happy Iconoclast www.rationality.net
>

> <ato_zee@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>>On 9-Mar-2005, "Walter R." <wer25@example.com> wrote:
>>

>>>What might be the problem? Anything I can fix easily ? I have a 3 year
>>>extended warranty. Should I take it in to Fry's?
>>
>>3 years extended warranty - very wise. Could cost you a
>>fortune in ink, plus frustration and wasted time trying,
>>perhaps unsuccessfully, to fix it.
>>
>>It might focus Epsons mind if everybody took out a 3 year
>>no quibble replacement warranty. I doubt if the major
>>sellers pick up the tab, their purchasing power probably
>>means that Epson picks up the tab for returns under
>>their universal warranty.

alabu55

Reputable
Dec 5, 2015
Just wanted to share a solution for an Epson XP-520 that won't power up.

POWER SURGE SOLUTION.
1. Disconnect the power cable and the USB cable.
2. With the cables off, press and hold the power button down
4. Plug the live power cable into the printer while still pressing the power button.
5. Release the power button after 3 - 6 seconds
The printer should start up now and the problem should be gone.