Nvidia GeForce 6200 freezes my computer.

Mackie

Distinguished
May 26, 2006
Ok, I bought this card so I could play the game Call Of Duty 2.
After playing the game for weeks, my computer, excuse my frence, decides to fuck up.
Completly mad. From reading the sounds of the beeps, I realised it was the graphics card. So I took it out, plug my monitor back into the original slot and everything works.

I have put the card back in the computer many times, but the same thing happens. The screen loads, the Windows XP logo comes up where you have the green/blue scrolling bar going back and forth, and then the scrolling bar never ends, or sometimes freezes after it's been past 3 times.

I'm pretty sure everything is compatible with my computer, as it was working befor.
It's a bit of a bitch as I was really getting into this game, and want to finish it. Also my online games have gone pretty bad since I've taken it out.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

qurious69ss

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
Ok, I bought this card so I could play the game Call Of Duty 2.
After playing the game for weeks, my computer, excuse my frence, decides to **** up.
Completly mad. From reading the sounds of the beeps, I realised it was the graphics card. So I took it out, plug my monitor back into the original slot and everything works.

I have put the card back in the computer many times, but the same thing happens. The screen loads, the Windows XP logo comes up where you have the green/blue scrolling bar going back and forth, and then the scrolling bar never ends, or sometimes freezes after it's been past 3 times.

I'm pretty sure everything is compatible with my computer, as it was working befor.
It's a bit of a bitch as I was really getting into this game, and want to finish it. Also my online games have gone pretty bad since I've taken it out.

Any help or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Daniel.

Can you try installing the card in another computer? If that pc freezes as well then you probably have a bad card. I had a similar problem with one of my rigs but that was due to bad drivers.

JavanBuddhi

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2006
Hey guys, a little teasing is ok...but lets help him solve his problem too ok? For all we know, a 6200 might have been the only thing he could afford

Anyways, Mackie? I say go with the advice that qurious69ss has given you. However, have you installed anything before then? It might be some virus, but keep that a s a final check.