Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Cant launch new game!! 'MSVCR71.dll was not found' ??

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Games
  • Error Message
  • DLL
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 26, 2006 11:52:02 AM

Hey i just got the game Hitman Blood Money and after finishing the installation i went to launch the game but i just got an error message saying 'This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found'. 'Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' What the hell is going on!?? Ive tried reinstalling it several times but nothing :(  Any idea what this is and how to fix it? I wanna play this game!! thanks.

More about : launch game msvcr71 dll found

May 26, 2006 12:20:07 PM

http://www.dll-files.com/

Have a look on this site for the file MSVCR71.dll, download, unrar/zip to the windows - system directory.
May 26, 2006 1:11:26 PM

Yeah i tried it but still it doesnt work :( 
Related resources
May 26, 2006 1:29:29 PM

http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/vbrun6.html

What about Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime library, has this been updated?

Quote:
The Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime library, also called vb6 runtime files or vbrun dll set, are required to run programs that were written in Visual Basic 6. It can be difficult to know whether a program needs these files because often an author fails to mention it in the help files or documentation. Typically the way you find out is that you run the program and an error message appears 'A required .DLL file was not found', 'Runtime error' (caution, this error has lots of different causes) or 'Error: the file msvbvm60.dll could not be found.'
May 26, 2006 1:50:40 PM

Did you put it in the right place? Needs to go in the c:WindowsSystem32 folder.

The latest Hitman games uses Visual Basic?
May 26, 2006 2:23:07 PM

I just downloaded that thing just now. So how do i use it? Alright guys ot seems like were getting somewere here, really appreciate your help.
May 26, 2006 2:30:49 PM

Just open it up and let it extract to a folder of your choice (browse) then open the extracted file from the folder it's in.

Hope this works for you.
May 26, 2006 2:36:23 PM

Didnt work :evil:  This is so annoying! Any suggestions?
May 26, 2006 2:47:21 PM

Hey, sorry to sound like a noob but im gonna try extracting the dll file again and i want to be sure i send it to the right place so could you type out the the excact name of the file so i dont make a mistake? thanks
May 26, 2006 2:47:52 PM

Quote:
Didnt work :evil:  This is so annoying! Any suggestions?

You have to register it.. put it in C: Windows System32 then open up a command prompt and type regsvr32 dllname.dll.
May 26, 2006 2:57:36 PM

Sorry i really dont understand the excact way to type out windows system32 (i mean backslashes etc) and like i said i dont want to put it in wrong. Could explain exactly how its supposed to be typed? If i can get that done then it might work. thanks
May 26, 2006 3:05:39 PM

Quote:
Sorry i really dont understand the excact way to type out windows system32 (i mean backslashes etc) and like i said i dont want to put it in wrong. Could explain exactly how its supposed to be typed? If i can get that done then it might work. thanks

you dont have to type it.. damn board wont let me put that in. Is the DLL in the System32 directory already? If so.. just go to step 2..

Start-->Run --> type regsvr32 dllname.dll.
May 26, 2006 3:45:21 PM

I've never had to do that 2nd command to get apps that use the MFC dlls to work. Just have to have it in the proper place. I deal with the files all the time at work since a lot of our software uses them and we work off clean installs that don't have them so we just copy them over every time.
May 26, 2006 4:50:37 PM

Damm ISP dropped out on me.

I've just extracted it with winrar then cut and paste into the windows - system folder on my C drive (not system32), No regedit or anything else.
That's where the read me file says to put them.

Is this what you mean shadowduck

Start-->Run --> type regsvr32 MSVCR71.dll
May 26, 2006 5:15:48 PM

Alright guys got it going!! :)  I cant believe i did a clean windows installation when i just had to extract the dll file to a folder! Thanks guys, great advice!
May 26, 2006 5:16:12 PM

Alright guys got it going!! :)  I cant believe i did a clean windows installation when i just had to extract the dll file to a folder! Thanks guys, great advice!
May 27, 2006 12:31:40 AM

Quote:

Yeah.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
April 17, 2009 12:08:21 PM

1084097,16,62033 said:
Alright guys got it going!! :)  I cant believe i did a clean windows installation when i just had to extract the dll file to a folder! Thanks guys, great advice![/quotem I cant register regsvr32 MSVCR71.dll. what i need to do?
July 4, 2009 2:08:23 PM

Datman said:
Damm ISP dropped out on me.

I've just extracted it with winrar then cut and paste into the windows - system folder on my C drive (not system32), No regedit or anything else.
That's where the read me file says to put them.

This works, for me!!
February 4, 2010 11:32:02 PM

I had a similar issue with something that was working and didnt' calling out the same error. I found that an update must have renamed or replaced some dll's with a xxxxxd.dll name. For instance, I had msvcr71d.dll. I simply made a copy of that file, and then renamed the copy to msvcr71.dll and rebooted. The problem was no longer. Good luck!
February 15, 2010 12:05:38 AM

if you have the hitman blood money game, go to the install directory and you will see msvcr71.dll then you copy and paste it in system32 folder

Goodluck ;) 
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 19, 2010 8:08:13 PM

i'm having the same problem but i dont know why i can't register the wsvcr71.dll file. I already downloaded the file but whenever i register the following error will be shown :

"The module "msvcr71.dll" may not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

I appreciate alot if any suggestion.
Thanks you guys !
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
February 19, 2010 9:05:16 PM

hi guys, i have just found 1 tip on youtube that for my system 64 i have to follow these steps on cmd :
cd\
cd windows
cd sysWOW64
regsvr32 msvcr71.dll

but the other error also appeared that writen:

"The module "msvcr71.dll" was located but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "msvcr71.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again".

Lol. dont know what's wrong with my PC. PLZ help !
February 27, 2010 7:32:41 PM

Hi All, i had the same message after downloading Rumble Fighter. I recall a similar issue when trying to run another game a year or so ago.

Just copy the msvcr71.dll from another game or Office folder into the root of the game directory. This seemed to work for me. :bounce: 
March 10, 2010 7:02:52 PM

I put the dll into first the system32 folder, no help, so I put it into the system folder and its all good
April 2, 2010 1:34:44 PM

I'm also having the same trouble with a game of mine. Can someone please give me a simple step by step solution. I have read the previous post but have no idea what to do as im not the greatest when it comes to this technical stuff.

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 4, 2010 9:11:34 AM

I have downloaded the MSVCR71.dll file from www.dll-files.com but when I try to unzip the file I get a message telling me that it "cannot open the output file" What do I do?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 4, 2010 10:18:31 PM

he is a for MSVCR71.DLL fix http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcr... and it does work just done it my self what you do is open local disk (c:)  then windows and look for system open it up. when you have downloaded the file unzip pick up and drag into system and its done easy as pie :D  :bounce:  :D 
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 4, 2010 10:22:50 PM

Quote:
I have downloaded the MSVCR71.dll file from www.dll-files.com but when I try to unzip the file I get a message telling me that it "cannot open the output file" What do I do?

get win zip its free ur sumthing near to it pal right click on it then extract here look at my last post its easy
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2010 9:31:19 PM

I have tried everything above and nothing works. I have tried putting the dll file in system, system 32 and sysWOW64. It does not register it. Does the dll file have to be in the game AND one of the files above?
July 12, 2010 3:51:41 PM

hi I am having the same problem here,,, i just downloaded hitman blood money when installation was finished ......... i try to launch the game but an error appears"the application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found" what is this problem plzzzz anybody help me i need help!!! :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :sleep: 
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
August 25, 2010 1:53:47 PM

Hi . Go To This Link http://www.dlldump.com/download-dll-files_new.php/dllfi... From here you download the MSVCR71.dll . and then you copy and paste in the game`s directory in the folder were you installed the game . just paste and play . ENJOY !!!
September 28, 2010 11:28:59 PM

Datman said:
http://www.dll-files.com/

Have a look on this site for the file MSVCR71.dll, download, unrar/zip to the windows - system directory.

I've been fighting the same thing for days now. The problem was that I was using "Real Player SP" for my default media player, and it seems to have been corrupted. I made "Windows Media Player 11" the default player, and it fixed the problem. When I tried to open "Real Player SP" I got the error message that the application couldn't open because it could find "MSVCR71.dll." I'm going to try and replace the "Real Player SP" because I use it to download videos from "You Tube," but I have no doult that the corrupt "Real Player SP" file was the cause of my misery. I was refered to this site by a person from "CNET Fourms." I hope this helps somebody.
Jerry
February 9, 2011 7:12:37 PM

Hey just save the MSCVR71.dll file into your hitman blood and money's main folder after downloading it from http://www.dlldump.com/download-dl [...] nload.html it will 10000000000000000% work. If you succeeded please pm at abduljabbar_88@ymail.com. i will be waiting for your response.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
May 22, 2011 4:04:50 PM

ive tryd al of this.
and it started now.

but then when it loaded and i got a black screen and then it is closing itself :( 
what can i do now?
December 11, 2011 2:21:04 AM

hello,
i downloaded hitman blood n mney n installed it too
but it doesnt work,i downloaded the fixer of dll too,then too its not working,,,pl help ,,
i have 64 bit OS win 7,,
December 12, 2011 1:56:15 AM

1083814,1,62033 said:
Hey i just got the game Hitman Blood Money and after finishing the installation i went to launch the game but i just got an error message saying 'This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found'. 'Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' What the hell is going on!?? Ive tried reinstalling it several times but nothing :(  Any idea what this is and how to fix it? I wanna play this game!! :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry: 
January 11, 2012 11:13:20 PM

hi, for those who have windows 7 64
after you have installed hitman blood money you should only put the "msvcr71.dll" to C: \ Windows \ System.
After that everything will be fine :D  :D 
February 26, 2012 4:33:04 AM

This is not cool :cry: 
I hate games when they do this IRRITATES ME SO MUCH!!!!!!! :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou:  :fou: 
:pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff:  :pfff: 
February 26, 2012 3:13:38 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!