Wireless versus Cordless for VOIP

Last response: in Networking
January 23, 2005 12:04:49 AM

Hi,

I posted to the wrong news group and did not get any reply. So, here's
my question here for one last try.

Does anyone has experience over what is the best way to chat over
VOIP? I use Skype mainly and had orginally wanted to get a wireless
headset from Plantronics. But recently found that I could use a Skype
USB adapter such as the rapidBox from rapidVoIP.com and convert my
cordless phone into a USB phone. I wonder what are the pros and cons
especially when come to sound quality.

Thanks.
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 4:20:55 AM

USB phone will require your PC being ON.
You be better of with router which has VoIP socket(s) (e.g. Draytek Vigor
2500V, 2600V or Zoom XV5) or
ATA VoIP phone adapter plugged in to a router, then use ordinary cordless
phone, regardless whether your PC is on or not.

There are also stand alone WIFI VoIP phones, like Zyxel 2000W, but alas
quite expensive.
Regards,
Martin
!