half of keyboard typeing out only letters

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.

Any help would be apreciated.
3 answers Last reply
More about half keyboard typeing letters
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    You have a corrupt keyboard driver, OR you spilled bear on the keyboard,
    hehe. Uninstall the keyboard driver
    Go to Start/Right click 'My Computer'/Go to 'properties'/Hardware tab/click
    device manager. click on keyboard driver tab/uninstall driver

    "angryblack" wrote:

    > I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
    > however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
    > have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
    >
    > Any help would be apreciated.

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    You have enabled the embedded numpad, check the
    documentation to turn it off.

    "angryblack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
    message news:420a01c49f6c$1000aaa0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    |I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
    | however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
    | have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
    |
    | Any help would be apreciated.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

    angryblack wrote:
    > I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
    > however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
    > have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
    >
    > Any help would be apreciated.

    Is the " ibm x21" a laptop? If so, turn off the NumLock.

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm