half of keyboard typeing out only letters

September 20, 2004 8:46:34 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.

Any help would be apreciated.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 9:05:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

You have a corrupt keyboard driver, OR you spilled bear on the keyboard,
hehe. Uninstall the keyboard driver
Go to Start/Right click 'My Computer'/Go to 'properties'/Hardware tab/click
device manager. click on keyboard driver tab/uninstall driver

"angryblack" wrote:

> I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
> however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
> have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
>
> Any help would be apreciated.

Anonymous
September 20, 2004 10:58:18 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?)

You have enabled the embedded numpad, check the
documentation to turn it off.

"angryblack" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:420a01c49f6c$1000aaa0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
|I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
| however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
| have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
|
| Any help would be apreciated.
Anonymous
September 20, 2004 11:36:45 PM

angryblack wrote:
> I have an ibm x21 and I am not sure what i did to it
> however half of the keyboard only types numbers and you
> have to hit the function key in order to type a letter.
>
> Any help would be apreciated.

Is the " ibm x21" a laptop? If so, turn off the NumLock.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm