Dell 3100cn Troubleshooting

My mother gave me her Dell 3100cn. She didn't want it. (It came free
with all the computers my dad bought for his business.)

It has a problem... all the prints have a blank are about 1.5" (4cm)
right down the center of the page.

The printer is brand new... about 10 pages printed (mom says).

Is the drum bad?

Did she mess it up installing it?

coup

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2004

On 9 Mar 2005 00:17:37 -0500, jeff@joannshane-dot-com.no-spam.invalid
(Treponema451) wrote:

>My mother gave me her Dell 3100cn. She didn't want it. (It came free
>with all the computers my dad bought for his business.)
>
>It has a problem... all the prints have a blank are about 1.5" (4cm)
>right down the center of the page.
>
>The printer is brand new... about 10 pages printed (mom says).
>
>Is the drum bad?
>
>Did she mess it up installing it?

Odds are some particle has got 'stuck' on the drum wipers and the drum
is still OK.

1. Remove all the toners.
2. Remove the drum engine
3. Carefully and gently "blow out" the innards
4. Gently try rotating the drum engine...in the correct direction.
5. Replace the engine and the toners.. CORRECTLY
6. If the problem persists.. call Dell, you're under warranty and
entitled to a new drum unit.