Silverstone TJ06.. thoughts

testbenchdude

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Hey all,

Like the title says. I just bought one because it looked sharp on their website and the display model at the store looked pretty good, but when I took it out of the box at home, it just seemed sort of, i dunno, flimsy.

This may be due to the fact that it's what Silverstone calls an "aluminum/steel hybrid". Heh. It's got an aluminum fascia and the rest is entirely steel. Guess what? I'm gonna badge my car an "aluminum/steel hybrid" and see if I can drive in the HOV lanes...

Anyhow, the main reason I bought this case was because of the reverse-mounting motherboard and the neat airflow design they have.

Link: http://www.silverstonetek.com/products-tj06.htm

For $130+tax, is there another case with the reverse-mobo design that anyone could recommend? I'm thinking about taking this one back...

pengwin

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Aero Cool galaxies (85 bucks on newegg) not as good tho, the front bezel is plasitc but cooling wise and structure is the same, i really would care if the bezel was taped on sh!t im saving what 45 bucks. but thats my opinion

testbenchdude

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
Ah, but you see, I am spoiled. I used to care nothing about the case so long as it had the right number of drive bays, until I got my first all aluminum case with the slide-out mobo tray and removable hard drive cage. Since then I've become a complete case snob. Sucks, doesn't it? Yes. Yes it does.

So a plastic bezel is right out. Meh. I hate being me sometimes...

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Ah, but you see, I am spoiled. I used to care nothing about the case so long as it had the right number of drive bays, until I got my first all aluminum case with the slide-out mobo tray and removable hard drive cage. Since then I've become a complete case snob. Sucks, doesn't it? Yes. Yes it does.

So a plastic bezel is right out. Meh. I hate being me sometimes...

I've been drooling over that case since they came out. I couldn't afford one

though and just bought a steel Antec PlusView AMG 1000 Full Tower. It's

roomy, but heavy. I was like you, i had a DEC Server Case...a beast.

L=26X W=15X H=20...Case along weighed 80LBS,with 4 wheels. Got tired

of the look , though i had 120mm fans everywhere. Anyway the Antec

cost me $99CAD, almost half the price of the Temjin. :?

borg22

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
Personally I've found that steel cases often look/feel a little flimsy when empty but that once you get a system inside them the additional weight of all the components actually gives a much sturdier and more rigid feel!!!

I wouldn't despair just yet; get a system in that case and then draw your conclusions....

uber_g

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2006
i dont like that case my friend has one and it has not so great cooling

u think the wind tunnel good but it aint

also very hard to wire everything nice and neat...

i dont like it very much IMO

its very heavy, all steel