OCing + Zalman

dobby

Distinguished
May 24, 2006
hi there, can anyone tell me which one of these CPU coolers is best for dealing with high Temps.

Zalman CNPS7700-cu
or
Zalman CNPS9500

and doe anyone wknow if thereis any thermal difference between between the

CNPS9500 AT
and
CNPS9500 LED

dwalden

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
hi there, can anyone tell me which one of these CPU coolers is best for dealing with high Temps.

Zalman CNPS7700-cu
or
Zalman CNPS9500

The 9500 is Zalman's top of the line CPU cooler.

and doe anyone wknow if thereis any thermal difference between between the

CNPS9500 AT
and
CNPS9500 LED

They are the same unit, with and without the blue LED fan.

tvl

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006

They are the same unit, with and without the blue LED fan.

This is not a completely true statement:

1- You are correct in stating the LED model has a blue illuminated fan, while the AT model does not have this feature.

2- However, the LED model comes with a 3 wire lead fan motor which can also be controlled manually, while the AT model has a 4 wire lead fan motor and is PWM controlled (pulsed width modulation) and has no manual control.

dwalden

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
Sorry, I did forget about that difference.

I'm sure any minute you will also be getting a bunch of opinions on coolers that are better than the Zalman. Enjoy.

mcgruff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Zalman do seem to be very popular. Why fight it? I'd like to suggest the Zalman-Scythe Ninja or Zalman-Scythe Mine as alternative high-performing heatsinks from, er, Zalman. Mabe even the Zalman-Tuniq Tower if you can make it home without getting charged for being in possession of an offensive weapon more at home on a medieval battlefield.

JorgeSD

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2004
All I know is I installed the 9500 AT this weekend and the temperatures dropped by 10 degrees celcius! Was using the Gigabyte 3D Cooler which was failing badly trying to keep my Pentium4 550 cool. Now I even closed the case and put the external fan away! I wish those Intel processors just came with a decent fan! Now I have two massive heat sinks with fans, where to I dispose of them?

The benefit of the AT is you don't have to mess with the speed of the fan if you have a PWM controller on the Motherboard, I don't want to have to remember to turn it up when the load goes up, to busy doing something to have to remember. Well that works for me.

Now back to tweeking and cranking it up!

mcgruff

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
They're not bad but they are over-promoted here. You can buy cooler, quieter and cheaper (either of the two Scythes above). Zalman 9500 doesn't seem to excel at anything - unless you open a category for Best Case Ornament.