Brother HL-1430 vs Samsung ML-1710

Could someone please compare these two? Which one wolud you suggest?

Thanks

Most of the review have given the nod to Brother as far as print quality.

Sjor Air wrote:

> Could someone please compare these two? Which one wolud you suggest?
>
> Thanks

In addition,

Samsung changes the drum with the toner, Brother has a drum lifetime of
20.000. The price comparison of the toner is Samsung 3000 p = Brother 6000
p.

In the end, after 20.000 pages, it comes to the same thing. Either I get
Brother and after 20.000, get a new drum (by this time spent about 3
toners) or get Samsung and change the drum with the toner, so lets say buy 6
toners.

Can’t make the decision…

BTW What happens if you don’t change the drum after it says you should?
I would always squeeze “some more” pages from a toner (OKI), after I get the
warning.

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 15:25:07 +0100, Sjor Air <dont@mail.me> wrote in

> Could someone please compare these two? Which one wolud you suggest?
>
> Thanks

I have no experience of the Samsung so cannot compare them, but FWIW I
have been running a Brother for the last six months in a busy home
situation and am more than satisfied with it.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

2005 Pricelessware CD now available.
Pricelessware - the best of the best in freeware, as determined by the
readers of alt.comp.freeware.
E-Mail me for details: raptor@top.net.nz - mention CD in subject.

.... Sometimes we need to laugh at ourselves so the people who are laughing
at us don't feel too embarrassed.