Lexmark Z65N paper eject problem

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Hi I hope someone can help me.... I have a Z65N on my home network and have
had a problem which is a real pain. Everytime I print the paper will not
eject all the way and drop into the paper tray... it will go all the way out
but stay in the feed area... the next sheet will go into the feed and begin
printing however the print will go on the bottom of the first sheet... so
what I do is I stand by the printer and when the first sheet is done I grab
it and then wait for the next and then the next etc.
I called Lexmark and the customer service rep told me to throw the printer
out... and buy a new one.. great eh. So can anyone help me trouble shoot
this... I really do not want to throw it out, as it has had very few pages
printed... under 1000 ... for sure.

Thanks
Dave

"Dave" (dave1552@rogers.com) writes:
> Hi I hope someone can help me.... I have a Z65N on my home network and have
> had a problem which is a real pain. Everytime I print the paper will not
> eject all the way and drop into the paper tray... it will go all the way out
> but stay in the feed area... the next sheet will go into the feed and begin
> printing however the print will go on the bottom of the first sheet... so
> what I do is I stand by the printer and when the first sheet is done I grab
> it and then wait for the next and then the next etc.
> I called Lexmark and the customer service rep told me to throw the printer
> out... and buy a new one.. great eh. So can anyone help me trouble shoot
> this... I really do not want to throw it out, as it has had very few pages
> printed... under 1000 ... for sure.
>
> Thanks
> Dave

I've never had this problem, but the obvious thing is that the output path
is sticky or blocked. Try running thicker stock (card stock, even a
piece of junk mail) through and see what happens.

Brendan

Brendan R. Wehrung wrote:

>"Dave" (dave1552@rogers.com) writes:
>

>>Hi I hope someone can help me.... I have a Z65N on my home network and have
>>had a problem which is a real pain. Everytime I print the paper will not
>>eject all the way and drop into the paper tray... it will go all the way out
>>but stay in the feed area... the next sheet will go into the feed and begin
>>printing however the print will go on the bottom of the first sheet... so
>>what I do is I stand by the printer and when the first sheet is done I grab
>>it and then wait for the next and then the next etc.
>>I called Lexmark and the customer service rep told me to throw the printer
>>out... and buy a new one..

Good advice. Buy a Canon. However what he probably meant was you
should throw it out upon opening up the box. See, even they know what
to do with it.

May you should tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine. :)