Real Weather...

Why is it with real weather on, the winds change from 70knot tail, to 70knot
head winds etc all the time? thats an extreme example, but its just happend,
causing my 737-400 to overspeed and give me massive penaultys from FSPax,
and risking a crash on my plane.

I like real weather, but the winds are all wrong, and really really
annoying. anything i can do about this?

--
From Overlag - Adam Webb
3 answers Last reply

    A few days ago, there was some debate about whether FSUIPC is a
    must-have. This won't settle it, but this is a known bug in FS9 and is
    one of the many things that a registered version of FSUIPC can fix. See
    http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and download FSUIPC. There's
    extensive documentation in the zip file about the wind problems in FS
    and how FSUIPC addresses them.

    If you do decide to buy/register, consider getting FSWide at the same
    time. It lets you put other programs that interface through FSUIPC
    (such as ActiveSky) on a second networked computer.

    Speaking of ActiveSky, I think this also has "Wind Smoothing" -- check
    the documentation (which you can read without buying, same as FSUIPC).

    On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 14:18:34 +0100, "Adam Webb"
    <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> brought the following to our
    attention:

    >Why is it with real weather on, the winds change from 70knot tail, to 70knot
    >head winds etc all the time? thats an extreme example, but its just happend,
    >causing my 737-400 to overspeed and give me massive penaultys from FSPax,
    >and risking a crash on my plane.
    >
    >I like real weather, but the winds are all wrong, and really really
    >annoying. anything i can do about this?

    do you ever get a condition where the wind direction will cycle around
    clockwise at 1deg/sec.. and then cycle back? That's another strange
    happening. There could be a 70kt headwind and it could shift around
    270 deg.. and then slowly rotate around the other direction (from
    headwind, to tailwind, to port-side xwind, then back)!!

    It usually means course and throttle corrections while cruising. This
    happens with FSUIPC 3.129 (an expired beta) now with defaults. Oh
    yes.. and FS8. Get are reg-number?

    -G

    I know what you mean, the changes can be so extreme you can go from
    overspeed to stall speeds. Thankfully I discoverd active sky and FSUIPC
    weather smoothing and all is now more calm.

    "Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Why is it with real weather on, the winds change from 70knot tail, to
    > 70knot head winds etc all the time? thats an extreme example, but its just
    > happend, causing my 737-400 to overspeed and give me massive penaultys
    > from FSPax, and risking a crash on my plane.
    >
    > I like real weather, but the winds are all wrong, and really really
    > annoying. anything i can do about this?
    >
    > --
    > From Overlag - Adam Webb

Games Microsoft Video Games