IFR Training Panels in the Cessna 172

ME

I was reading an article on microsofts website about IFR Training
Panels, how they "combine the flight instruments and avionics stack in
one window so that all the important controls and instruments remain
in view. The scenery window is small—but since you're "in the clouds"
when you practice IFR procedures, you don't care about seeing the
sights".

Is this just the default view I've always had or is there a way of
switching these IFR panels on?

Can't find anything about IFR Traing Panels in the Learing Centre.
There isn't even a decent index system with that.

I maybe being really stupid asking this question.

Me

"Me" <me@me.me.meeeee> wrote in message
>I was reading an article on microsofts website about IFR Training
> Panels, how they "combine the flight instruments and avionics stack in
> one window so that all the important controls and instruments remain
> in view. The scenery window is small-but since you're "in the clouds"
> when you practice IFR procedures, you don't care about seeing the
> sights".
>
> Is this just the default view I've always had or is there a way of
> switching these IFR panels on?

Go to the Creat A Flight menu, click on the select aircraft button, chose
the cessna 172, under the variation menu there is a choice that says
something like "Blue and gray - IFR panel." The Mooney is similarly
available with an IFR panel.

(The names of the menus might be slightly different, I don' t remember the
exact names)

-Gary

ME

Thanks mate. Got it working now. Should be interesting.

Me