I deleted user acc't but still is there

Mr

Hi I purposely deleted a user account that basically I have no use for-I
made sure that I transfered my kids few pics on that account to their other
one before I deleted it. WHen I start my pc, I only see the 4 user account
that I want there. HOWEVER, when I go to the C drive and under documents &
settings, I still see the account that I deleted. I even see an acc't I
deleted long ago. WHy are they still there. I tried to delete the one that I
deleted today on that location in the c drive but it wouldnt let me. I have
win XP home. Sorry, cant remember what it said as to why I couldnt delete.
Hope it does not matter too much. If you need to know, It might have to wait
til tomarrow when I get to that pc as I am home now. thanks

Hi

How did you delete the account - via Control Panel>User Accounts? If so,
and you opted to delete all files as well, that account shouldn't be listed.

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
> Hi I purposely deleted a user account that basically I have no use for-I
> made sure that I transfered my kids few pics on that account to their
> other
> one before I deleted it. WHen I start my pc, I only see the 4 user account
> that I want there. HOWEVER, when I go to the C drive and under documents &
> settings, I still see the account that I deleted. I even see an acc't I
> deleted long ago. WHy are they still there. I tried to delete the one that
> deleted today on that location in the c drive but it wouldnt let me. I
> have
> win XP home. Sorry, cant remember what it said as to why I couldnt delete.
> Hope it does not matter too much. If you need to know, It might have to
> wait
> til tomarrow when I get to that pc as I am home now. thanks

I hate to tell you this but it doesn't work that way, at least with XP Home.
I have delete users through "User Accounts" many times and it never deletes
the folder, even with the delete all files option. It has to be manually
deleted.

I haven't touched it since I installed SP2 so there may be a change with
this.

Frank