I deleted user acc't but still is there

Hi I purposely deleted a user account that basically I have no use for-I
made sure that I transfered my kids few pics on that account to their other
one before I deleted it. WHen I start my pc, I only see the 4 user account
that I want there. HOWEVER, when I go to the C drive and under documents &
settings, I still see the account that I deleted. I even see an acc't I
deleted long ago. WHy are they still there. I tried to delete the one that I
deleted today on that location in the c drive but it wouldnt let me. I have
win XP home. Sorry, cant remember what it said as to why I couldnt delete.
Hope it does not matter too much. If you need to know, It might have to wait
til tomarrow when I get to that pc as I am home now. thanks
2
answers
Last reply
More about deleted user there

    Hi

    How did you delete the account - via Control Panel>User Accounts? If so,
    and you opted to delete all files as well, that account shouldn't be listed.

    --

    Will Denny
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi I purposely deleted a user account that basically I have no use for-I
    > made sure that I transfered my kids few pics on that account to their
    > other
    > one before I deleted it. WHen I start my pc, I only see the 4 user account
    > that I want there. HOWEVER, when I go to the C drive and under documents &
    > settings, I still see the account that I deleted. I even see an acc't I
    > deleted long ago. WHy are they still there. I tried to delete the one that
    > deleted today on that location in the c drive but it wouldnt let me. I
    > have
    > win XP home. Sorry, cant remember what it said as to why I couldnt delete.
    > Hope it does not matter too much. If you need to know, It might have to
    > wait
    > til tomarrow when I get to that pc as I am home now. thanks

    I hate to tell you this but it doesn't work that way, at least with XP Home.
    I have delete users through "User Accounts" many times and it never deletes
    the folder, even with the delete all files option. It has to be manually
    deleted.

    I haven't touched it since I installed SP2 so there may be a change with
    this.

    Frank

    > Hi
    >
    > How did you delete the account - via Control Panel>User Accounts? If so,
    > and you opted to delete all files as well, that account shouldn't be
    > listed.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Will Denny
    > MVP - Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >

    > "MR" <mr@mr.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi I purposely deleted a user account that basically I have no use for-I
    >> made sure that I transfered my kids few pics on that account to their
    >> other
    >> one before I deleted it. WHen I start my pc, I only see the 4 user
    >> account
    >> that I want there. HOWEVER, when I go to the C drive and under documents
    >> &
    >> settings, I still see the account that I deleted. I even see an acc't I
    >> deleted long ago. WHy are they still there. I tried to delete the one
    >> that I
    >> deleted today on that location in the c drive but it wouldnt let me. I
    >> have
    >> win XP home. Sorry, cant remember what it said as to why I couldnt
    >> delete.
    >> Hope it does not matter too much. If you need to know, It might have to
    >> wait
    >> til tomarrow when I get to that pc as I am home now. thanks

Windows XP