Cannot install or uninstall some programs

Since upgrading to XP home edition from ME, using the
uninstall program I cannot uninstall things, or install
some new programs. It says it cannot find the "___(prog
name). msi in the windows/temp folder. WHAT NOW... ??
DO I NEED TO REINSTALL XP? WILL IT MESS UP PROGRAMS I
HAVE ALREADY SWAPPED OVER TO WORK WITH XP?
1 answer Last reply
More about cannot install uninstall programs

    "very frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Since upgrading to XP home edition from ME, using the
    >uninstall program I cannot uninstall things, or install
    >some new programs. It says it cannot find the "___(prog
    >name). msi in the windows/temp folder. WHAT NOW... ??
    >DO I NEED TO REINSTALL XP? WILL IT MESS UP PROGRAMS I
    >HAVE ALREADY SWAPPED OVER TO WORK WITH XP?

    I would uninstall Windows XP and clean-install it. You could install
    it paralell to Windows ME and continue using this OS until you have
    reinstalled all your applications in Windows XP.

    --
    (tm)

Microsoft Windows XP