Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Cannot install or uninstall some programs

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
September 21, 2004 2:02:33 AM

Since upgrading to XP home edition from ME, using the
uninstall program I cannot uninstall things, or install
some new programs. It says it cannot find the "___(prog
name). msi in the windows/temp folder. WHAT NOW... ??
DO I NEED TO REINSTALL XP? WILL IT MESS UP PROGRAMS I
HAVE ALREADY SWAPPED OVER TO WORK WITH XP?

More about : install uninstall programs

Anonymous
September 23, 2004 12:43:17 AM

"very frustrated" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Since upgrading to XP home edition from ME, using the
>uninstall program I cannot uninstall things, or install
>some new programs. It says it cannot find the "___(prog
>name). msi in the windows/temp folder. WHAT NOW... ??
>DO I NEED TO REINSTALL XP? WILL IT MESS UP PROGRAMS I
>HAVE ALREADY SWAPPED OVER TO WORK WITH XP?

I would uninstall Windows XP and clean-install it. You could install
it paralell to Windows ME and continue using this OS until you have
reinstalled all your applications in Windows XP.

--
(tm)