My first OC, could someone help me?

Yan

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2004
Hi!

Planning on Oc'ing my Amd 64 3000 (Venice) cpu, i read many times that it was a good overclocker. I don't want to push it to the max and want to remain on stock cooling, right now its running at 39C idle, which i believe is relatively low. I was wondering what would be a realistic OC to try on stock cooling. Also, i don't know how good MSI Mobos are when it comes to OC'ing, and since ive never done this before i was wondering if someone could tell me exactly how im suposed to do this. Heres my rig.

64 3000 Venice core
Msi K8N-Neo 4-F
2x 512 OCZ platinum 3200
6800 GT

Everything is running at stock, this is my first attempt to OC something so im kinda nervous. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

pat

Expert
Hi!

Planning on Oc'ing my Amd 64 3000 (Venice) cpu, i read many times that it was a good overclocker. I don't want to push it to the max and want to remain on stock cooling, right now its running at 39C idle, which i believe is relatively low. I was wondering what would be a realistic OC to try on stock cooling. Also, i don't know how good MSI Mobos are when it comes to OC'ing, and since ive never done this before i was wondering if someone could tell me exactly how im suposed to do this. Heres my rig.

64 3000 Venice core
Msi K8N-Neo 4-F
2x 512 OCZ platinum 3200
6800 GT

Everything is running at stock, this is my first attempt to OC something so im kinda nervous. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks!

OC forum please