Yummm...Logitech Z560

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
I just upgraded my shitty Altec Lansing Dell Editions to these purty beauties...

I spent the afternoon in pure audio ecstasy...

Then my neighbors called the cops :(

Maybe I should move...

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
The cops said that if they had to come here again, they'd charge me with disturbing the peace...

Does that go on record/ Does it go away after a while?

"If you teach a child to read, then he or her will be able to pass a literacy test" - George W.

OldBear

Splendid
Sep 14, 2001
That would depend on local law. It's no big deal because it didn't keep me out of the army.

Then I REALLY disturbed peace.

:smile: <font color=blue>You get what you pay for.... All advice here is free.</font color=blue> :smile:

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
are you in a apt or just a city where the houses have no yards between them (like the houses on the intro to Full House)? i cant believe they would be that loud.

I've been considering selling my altec lansing ada885's which come with dell systems for the z560's.. what do you think of them? I'd be losing my remote, and the dolby digital decoder but if they sound that much better...
and what other speakers have you heard in a similar sized room to the one you listen to the z560s in?

I'm either going to sell mine and get the 560s or just stick with what i have. The low price of the 560s is what scares me off.. around 140 from what i saw thats fishy.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?

Red_Zealot

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2001
First off, the Altecs you have are way better than mine. Mine were the 2.1's you could buy a few years ago. I think 30W max output. They sucked a lot.

I heard the Creative Inspires, and I wasn't that inspired. I could really hear no difference between the Z560's and the Klipsch Promedia's. Oh yeah, and my friend's BOSTON (or something) 4.1s....They sucked worse than the inspires.

One gripe about the Z560's: The woofer isn't magnetically shielded....grr....

kinney

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2001
I've heard the klipsch 2.1s and they are impressive, I think the bass on it rivals my 8inch woofer in the ada885s.
but on highs i dont know. its so hard to really tell, the room size and what the room is made out of (wood floors for instance) can make a tremendous difference.

i like bass thats why i was considering the swap, my sub is rated at 60watt rms and the sats at 15watt rms.. paltry compared to the monster z560 amp.
i dont know enough to tell if the wattage difference might be offset with the different kind of amps that are in the speakers.. like mine i cant see any heatsink. the sub box is huge could be inside.

"dude your getting a dell", is that kid trying to say he wants to stick his 'dell' in you?