bypassing initial window bootup

Hi, suddenly my computer has started bypassing the initial window on bootup
where you click the user name. Although me and my husband share the same and
clicking this is just a formality, it seems strange and I'd like to put it
back to where it was! Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.
2 answers Last reply
More about bypassing initial window bootup

    Hi,

    Did one of you mess with TweakUI and set the autologon?

    Otherwise, Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the
    quotes) and click ok. Check the box requiring a username and password, click
    apply/ok.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "liz" <liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, suddenly my computer has started bypassing the initial window on
    > bootup
    > where you click the user name. Although me and my husband share the same
    > and
    > clicking this is just a formality, it seems strange and I'd like to put it
    > back to where it was! Any suggestions please?
    >
    > Thanks very much.

    Thanks, I tried what you suggested but it didn't make any difference.
    Usually when I've been away from the computer for a while, this screen comes
    up and I have to click back on but not now. I have also tried re-starting.
    Any thoughts please?

    Many thanks

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Did one of you mess with TweakUI and set the autologon?
    >
    > Otherwise, Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the
    > quotes) and click ok. Check the box requiring a username and password, click
    > apply/ok.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "liz" <liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi, suddenly my computer has started bypassing the initial window on
    > > bootup
    > > where you click the user name. Although me and my husband share the same
    > > and
    > > clicking this is just a formality, it seems strange and I'd like to put it
    > > back to where it was! Any suggestions please?
    > >
    > > Thanks very much.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP