bypassing initial window bootup

September 21, 2004 3:53:01 AM

Hi, suddenly my computer has started bypassing the initial window on bootup
where you click the user name. Although me and my husband share the same and
clicking this is just a formality, it seems strange and I'd like to put it
back to where it was! Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 9:55:28 AM

Hi,

Did one of you mess with TweakUI and set the autologon?

Otherwise, Click start/run, type "control userpasswords2" (without the
quotes) and click ok. Check the box requiring a username and password, click
apply/ok.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"liz" <liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, suddenly my computer has started bypassing the initial window on
> bootup
> where you click the user name. Although me and my husband share the same
> and
> clicking this is just a formality, it seems strange and I'd like to put it
> back to where it was! Any suggestions please?
>
> Thanks very much.
Anonymous
September 21, 2004 10:33:06 AM

Thanks, I tried what you suggested but it didn't make any difference.
Usually when I've been away from the computer for a while, this screen comes
up and I have to click back on but not now. I have also tried re-starting.
Any thoughts please?

Many thanks

!