Nokia Launches Lumia 510 For Emerging Markets

Status
Not open for further replies.
for $200?? Why do they think this would do well only in 'emerging markets'? This would sell like wild-fire here in the states. I work with low income people and THEY ALL HAVE SMARTPHONES!!! Granted, they are truly awful phones, often refurbished with some odd problems, but there is a huge market for a solid entry lever smart phone that is capable of email, web browsing, and the occasional app. Personally I would like to have a windows phone with enough space to store my music and documents on it, and have a good enough camera to replace a point-and-shoot, but SOMEBODY decided to not put an SD card slot on their upcoming phone with the nice camera... grr.

murzar

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2012
The specifications are anything but impressive. I am from India. At that price.. one can get a decent spec Android. But I am not sure of how the apps would run on this. Will wait for reviews.

Price it at around 150 USD and Nokia is looking to dominate the market with just this phone. (Nokia were huge in India at one point of time)

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
ripoff, crappy specs for $200. That phone could not have cost more than $50 to make, especially since there are many chinese phones with better specs for about half the price.

If they want to capture markets like india, then don't charge a months salary for a phone

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Humble request to uninformed writers.

India and China are the largest phone markets in the world. Your headline doesn't make sense and shows ignorance. If you write "emerging smartphone market" that's still valid. "Emerging market" is BS.

[citation][nom]trumpeter1994[/nom]Looks like my Lumia 710 has a baby brother now.[/citation]
Second baby brother (or sister). There's the 610 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.